Another cyclist

jasper

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He went back to the scene to collect any evidence, and this was after he stopped to close the bonnet of his car after hitting her? Should this information be true - then good bloody riddance.

This is such a tragic situation.

Amazing how one moment of madness can have such a lasting affect on so many people's lives!

Thanks for the updates Monique. It's rare that we as society get to follow through on a real life experience that you have lived and try to share the load of something that is such a real possibility for each of us that take to the roads on our bikes. Strength to all of the people who knew and cared for your sister!

I hope that you and your family will someday find the peace to join us from the saddle of a bike on a trail or ride somewhere sometime.

The Krugersdorp accountant carged with the death of my 18 year old daughter (cyclist) on Robert Broom in Krugersdorp on the 24th of July 2010 has committed suicide - Beeld reported on the front page today.

Wynand Venter was vound in his Noordheuwel home on Friday night, with a gunshot wound to the head, his pistol lying next to him.

According to Beeld, Venter's lawyers began negotiating with the state last week in the hope of coming to a plea agreement.

Venter was charged with a hit-and-run accident involving my daughter Merzanne van Wyk - he knocked her off her bicycle and she died at the scene after sustaining serious neck and back injuries - he passed my other daughter and myself without even telling us he killed Merzanne.

He went back to the scene and tried to clean all the evidence - but forgot his numberplate - and a witness saw him race away from the scene.

I guess he made a choice and he now has only to answer to God - we as the family of Merzanne really miss her - we miss cycling a lot - we miss our times together on our bicycles - and things will never be the same without her -

But yes - he sentenced himself!!

My diepste simpatie Leandra.

Ek hoop julle vind die vrede wat julle nodig het om aan te kan gaan en net die goeie herinneringe onthou van julle tyd saam Merzanne.

Ek dink aan julle

xxx

My sincere condolences to you and your family - I can't even begin to think of the pain you are going through.

She would have gone to a matric farewell with my cousin. It was terrible news back then for him and for all of us even though we didnt know her but she was his friend so it touched us all. Eternal Justice will be served. Good luck to the family you are in our prayers

Edited by BioMouse

Really sad, two lives lost and two families destroyrd because of a lack of tolerance, my condolonces two the family of the cyclist who died as well as the family of the accountant, this really saddens me

Bugger got what he deserved.

Lose someone like this and then come tell me im wrong.

Irrespective of who was at fault here, your comment is a real dumb@$$ thing to say. Lives were lost and that's never a good thing.

Irrespective of who was at fault here, your comment is a real dumb@$$ thing to say. Lives were lost and that's never a good thing.

No. A life was taken.

That 18 year old girls life was taken by the careless and reckless actions of a mans bad decisions. And then he tried to cover it up.

What this is, is karma.

Perhaps my way of putting it across is harsh, but you cannot deny that the wheel turns.

That man was so scared of the consequences of his actions, first he tried to get away with it, now, when he cant, he is still trying to find a way to get out of his punishment.

My point stands...lose someone like this and you will begin to understand.

My 20 year old sister was killed in a manner similar to this. (hit and run) the cops caught the guy. After all the court drama, he was slapped on tge wrist with a five thousand rand fine.

Three years later he hit another group of kids (all below 18) and killed two more.

Still think its a dumba$$ thing to say?

Edit sp.

Edited by Wayne Potgieter