Memory lane

Speed Devil

In response to the SS forums:

Who remmbers the bomber and choppers?

Does anyone still own one?
Speed Devil2007-08-16 15:04:50

Know they tried to revive the chopper a while back, they lost something in the translation. Silverback make a brilliant retro cruiser which has a bomber-like feel to it

wolfie's right. they swopped out the old gear stick and put on a gripshift. also the new one hasn't got the old banana seat.

have a look at the re-released schwinn stingrays. there's also a line of really beefy occ-style choppers.

Know they tried to revive the chopper a while back' date=' they lost something in the translation. Silverback make a brilliant retro cruiser which has a bomber-like feel to it[/quote']

Problem came in with the all new "if I fall off my bike I sue you" mentality.  They had to take the center 3 speed "gear lever" and the high "sissie bars" away.  Spoilt the whole thing.  O ja, and the price was ouch...

Tried to buy one off an oke in Linksfield.  Offered him a decent MTB and R500 (about R2500) but was not even remotely interested.  Said he had a one of a kind bike.

had a bomber until 5 years ago. Need rode it though. So my cousin pitches one day looking for place to stay. And the next day my dad borrows him the bike. End of it... said it got stolen, but probably sold it for drug money.

Excellent bike for its time, it was like sitting on a couch whne riding it.

Never had a chopper, but for my seventh birthday i got a Western Flyer Scrambler, with yellow petrol tank, number plate and mudguards. It was also a full suspension suspension rig with dual coil springs at the front and rear.

My first bike was a western flyer. Got it for my 6th birthday. Fell quite a few times learning to ride that thing Smile