Jock 2010

Klippe

Hi all. Any comments, stories after the Jock. Was my first one, it was hard!! Have new respect for the tour guys going up the climbs so fast. Boulders was killing me, wanted MTB gears!!

At least you guys did it in stages. Last time I did the Jock it was all in one go. Boulders was bad, but the last 50km drag back to Barberton was murder.

Yeah, let us hear how your race went.

At least you guys did it in stages. Last time I did the Jock it was all in one go. Boulders was bad, but the last 50km drag back to Barberton was murder.

Yeah, let us hear how your race went.

Yeah, doing it one shot or in stages, you still have to cycle 150km to finish! Doing it in stages was not to bad. Starting the last stage @ 14h00 was a bit late and standing in the sun waiting to start was also not fun. Would have been nice if they had some Coke at the stop overs - would have killed for a Coke at Kaapmuiden.

Dit was 'n eerste vir my. Ek het die 140 km op my mtb gedoen. Ten spyte van die laer ratte, het Boulders nog steeds 25 minute geneem. Wat my geeet het, was die laaste stuk van Kaapmuiden na Barberton. Dit is lekker dat dit opgebreek is in 3, maar ek sou dit verkies het om weer op my eie tyd weg te spring en aan te ry. Nie 2 ure te wag nie. (Soos die Crater Cruise).

The Jock this year was great. I really like the 3 stages, and it makes for very interesting racing.

I have done the last 2 Jocks 150km races, and I'll tell you that the way we raced it this year was much harder. Yes, you get to rest after each stage etc etc, but the racing is much more intense. Wow, that last stage back to Barberton hurt!!!

I'll definitely be back next year, and i think this event will get bigger and bigger again, which is awesome.

Dit was 'n eerste vir my. Ek het die 140 km op my mtb gedoen. Ten spyte van die laer ratte, het Boulders nog steeds 25 minute geneem. Wat my geeet het, was die laaste stuk van Kaapmuiden na Barberton. Dit is lekker dat dit opgebreek is in 3, maar ek sou dit verkies het om weer op my eie tyd weg te spring en aan te ry. Nie 2 ure te wag nie. (Soos die Crater Cruise).

Some respect there, you must have solo'ed almost the entire ride.