Polar F11 or Suunto t3???

wonduhboy

Hi All

Need some advice:

Looking at getting a HRM for the GF, and the choice is between the two above.

She'll be doing dome mtbing and gym cardio work with it, and then maybe later doing more cycling. I like the training zones that both offer, so I cant go lower than this range.

So anyone got any pearls of wisdom to make my choice easier?

Thanks

WB

Let me add my 5c.

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I have a Polar F11 and I must state a few thing that count for Polar.

1) After sales service is exceptional.

2) It has nice a nice user interface.

3) Website to log training

4) If you are with Discovery you get extra points for logging training sessions.

Have a look at the F6 almost the same functions as the F11.

forrunner305 R3700
edge305 R3300
as per cape union mart

Ja, you see - daddy wants new wheels, so HRM budget is R1500

bingo

the polar guys will tell you that polar is number one. I concur. They are very very very good. BAckup is out of the world.

If you are in PTA phone Lappies (David) at Cyclelab Centurion he uses a Sunto (part of the team kit, I believe) and he can give you a first hand experience.

I have a Polar S725X. I had a problem with the speed sensor shortly after buying the kit. I took it to the agents in Vorna Valley and within 2 days had it back.

These guys have excellent service. they also have seminars that you can go to where they explain everything to you. I haven't been to one yet, but I believe it is very informative - And it's free!

thanks Speed devil! I've also got the 725x, and its great. also went to the workshops - do yourself a favour and go, very informative and will definitely help with the way you train.

I'm actually trying to find out which of the two (f11 or t3) is better, given that polar's service and product is great - dont know much about the t3 though

Polar CS300 is what i would choose.  But then that is me.  Works really well, and can get a cadence sensor for it aswell.

Polar CS300 is what i would choose.  But then that is me.  Works really well' date=' and can get a cadence sensor for it aswell.[/quote']

can you wear it on your arm?

The F11 is a fitness unit only, and has no cycling functionality. If the GF decides to take up cycling and wants speed, cadence and more, then you'll end up having to get another unit.

Check out the other Polar products on the market and think future (intended) use rather than current use.

that's my 2c

The F11 is a fitness unit only' date=' and has no cycling functionality. If the GF decides to take up cycling and wants speed, cadence and more, then you'll end up having to get another unit.

Check out the other Polar products on the market and think future (intended) use rather than current use.

that's my 2c
[/quote']

Dont worry - just saw it now. Unfortunately I will get a "did they have other colours" if I give it to my gf, so thats out of the question

What is the price difference?

both same price - R1500

Wonduhboy, where are you looking??!!!! I paid R1299 for my F11 almost 2 years ago.... And that was at totalsports (not the cheapest place on earth...)