Microshift

amoryns

Does anyone have feedback on the microshift shifters? How do they compare to Ultegra and DA 10spd

I cannot belive there are no replies to this question. I am burning to find out as well.

Sounds about right according to what I have read.

Did we not have a junior team that was/is sponsored by them?

I ride for the Asics team and we were sponsored by MicroShift for the year. I used to use Dura-Ace and find that MicroShift are as good at shifting and lighter than my old components. It takes some getting used to when it comes to shifting down gears whilst in a sprint, but it can be overcome.

I put the equipment on my bike last August and they still work as well as what they did on the first day so there's nothing to worry about when it comes to quality in my opinion.

The only issue I had was reaching the down shifter when in the drops. But otherwise the shifting is flawless.

The only issue I had was reaching the down shifter when in the drops. But otherwise the shifting is flawless.

What is too short? The lever or your fingers? For once, this is a serious question from me.

i was also looking at the microshift groupset, I want to upgrade to the new 105 5700 groupset coming out now but the microshift is also on my list. Where can I find more info on it?

What is too short? The lever or your fingers? For once, this is a serious question from me.

The lever is situated a little high, so your finger struggles to reach it. And I dont think I have short fingers.

I put a set on my training bike - I consider it an upgrade from Ultegra in terms of performance

The lever is situated a little high, so your finger struggles to reach it. And I dont think I have short fingers.

Just glad you did not show me how long the middle one is. :rolleyes:

I tried it in a shop and it's got a very interesting system. Small lever for shifting up and smaller lever to go down. I just think they should have joined the 20th century and hid the cables.

Cofidis used Microshift on there time trial bikes at Giro d'Italia so it can't be to bad.

http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com/2010/05/09/2/cofidis_look_596_derailleur_rear_2_600.jpg

http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com/2010/05/09/2/cofidis_look_596_microshift_shifters_600.jpg

I have the microshift RD on my bike.

It has been on there for maybe 8 months and maybe 5000km later and still going well.

• 3 weeks later...

I am on my second set of microshift stuff, First 9 speed triple did about 5000 or 6000km on it and flawless. got a new white 10 speed system the other day and what can I say, the stuff just works. I now battle to ride shimano because I'm constintly looking for the downshift button. Also at the price you can't touch it on value for money. Can't wait for the internal cabling to come and the guys from Revolutions just rock on service.............................

all smiles here :D