Old Epic Route

Slowbee

Hi Guys

Do any of you have the old route for the epic ?

Yes I know most if it was on pvt land, yes I know you cant ride there.

All I am asking is do you have the routes (more or less) going from George to CT ?

Do you have a GPS ?

If you have I can always get you the route.

I have on the wall here the one Epic I did.

We went from :

Knysna to Saasveld -Calitzdorp-Riversdale-Swellendam-Greyton-Franschoek-Stellenbosch and then Spier.

Swellendam is an awesome stay over, a race village never to be forgotten.

Sorry man, just edited my post.

I have lost all info but a few mates of mine are guaranteed to have the routes.

I will check for you.

Any gps files of routes as much appreciated. I organise adventure races so do stuff by the book without trespassing, but its really handy to see what has been used in the past.

Pm if you have any in the western cape.

Of course all public road routes should be shared too, just had an awesome 2 day trip george to plett,

theblanketsaga.blogspot.com

Steve

Shebeen did you do that mad frontier ride this year ?

if so, where is the full pdf format report ?

dangle how did you cross over from calitzdorp to swellendam ?

and then from greyton onto frenchie corner? I can picture the route from frenchie corner to spier - but not the rest.

dangle how did you cross over from calitzdorp to swellendam ?

and then from greyton onto frenchie corner? I can picture the route from frenchie corner to spier - but not the rest.

wheres you list of expenses for desert dash...

No freedom for me this year. The bloggers avoided the race, and we have onegiantride.blogspot.com and hikeabkie.blogspot.com to go read.

Ooh yes, must get back to my pdf report.to do list is loooong

Most likely route to follow from Calitzdorp to Swellendam is via the Rooiberg pass, to van Wyksdorp, then to Riversdale, from Riversdale via Grootvadersbosch to Swellendam... check them in google earth... easy to spot the main roads...

BRIGHTER LIGHTS !!!! main roads ...... looking for dirt roads, as close to the epic as possible

I know for a fact that EPIC follwed the main road from Riversdale to Swellendam in 2006 or 2007... past Korentepoort dam... I've ridden there a lot and recognised it in EPIC photos of mates...

And if you go google earth, you'll see that there's only ONE road through the mountains from Calitzdorp to Riversdale... via Rooiberg Pass... then right onto Van Wyksdorp gravel, then left towards Riversdale - same section Klein Karoo Klassiek used.

eeeish Brighter Lights

My apologies, bad assumption that you would dare to take your mtn bike on a tar road.

Do you have an idea on the total distance covered ?

slowbee if you want I get you a route from george to CT... you might hate me afterworths. well, not a EPIC route, but the trip will be epic. I might even join you. m