Oil slick on the road

word

If training out towards the cradle, be careful of an oil slick on the road at the bottom of the dip. Not sure of the exact road, but if you are heading out towards the cradle, there is a dip that goes over a bridge and at the top of the road it is a T-junction. At the T-junction you turn left towards the rhino and lion park (this was the winter challenge route).The oil slick is at the bottom of that dip Ouch. Took me out but fortunately I was just starting to climb so no major damage. word2007-08-18 05:04:24

Did not try the new wheels. Only damage that I can see is that the bike is a few grams lighter due to the one pedal being shaved as it scraped the tar. Broke my brand new Fizik tubby bag - it snapped right out of the bracket Cry

also, could still possibly be some residue from a motorbiker who came off on sunday. on the hill just before the left turn onto the road that the "fat olive' is - this is on the way back to cedar road.