Garmin Edge 500

Fast R

This looks like a great cycle computer, definitely a lot cheaper than the Polar range.

Views, comments and ratings will be appreciated.

This looks like a great cycle computer, definitely a lot cheaper than the Polar range.

Fast R...I am also in the market and also posed a few questions a week back....I received comments that the Edge 500 had issues with freezing screens, etc....but apparently the lastest firmware has sorted that. To be honest, I have just ordered one from EasyGIS... :). A mate of mine has one...no issues at all and he downloads all his rides to gamin connect site...good luck!! I am leaving POLAR as they do not support Apple Mac and I do not want to load the dual software on my Macbook to run both Windows and Snow Leopard...

And sorry....welcome to TheHub!! :D :D :D

The edge 500 is awesome. Small, analyzes everything you could need from your rides, and is reasonably priced. You can't go wrong.

And sorry....welcome to TheHub!! :D :D :D

Thank you, is yr mate a roadie or a mtb'er? Found a discussion on the web with a mention of signall loss in dense brush.

We are MOUNTIES...he has never had that problem, but hey a GPS is GPS and obsctructions may sometimes interfere with satelites.....in JHB, my car GPS sometimes has issues amongst all the tall building structures....

Thank you, valuable discussion. What are you paying for the one you ordered?

Garmin Edge 500 bundle - R3149

Fast R...I am also in the market and also posed a few questions a week back....I received comments that the Edge 500 had issues with freezing screens, etc....but apparently the lastest firmware has sorted that. To be honest, I have just ordered one from EasyGIS... :). A mate of mine has one...no issues at all and he downloads all his rides to gamin connect site...good luck!! I am leaving POLAR as they do not support Apple Mac and I do not want to load the dual software on my Macbook to run both Windows and Snow Leopard...

What is the price for the edge at Easygis?

hi,i just purchased one,i have not used it yet,i'll post my comment once i have used it

OK, great...but you can post...where did you buy and what did you pay?

Anyone who knows that a GT is not just a bike will have a good senseb of adventure, awaiting your comments.

Anyone who knows that a GT is not just a bike will have a good senseb of adventure, awaiting your comments.

GT - Giant Trevally or something like that...I would love to catch one one day on a fly.... B)

Went for a short ride to test my edge 500 yesterday, Im really impressed very easy to setup and use. Well worth the money