Logwood Bike Haven

Thompson

I'm sorry to say, my son (8) was invited to birthday party at Logwood Bike Haven. We never actualy got there because birthday mom, a very organised and detailed person who had spent weeks organising the cycling party, called us to say that the party won't be held there after all. It turned out that upon arrival with party goodies, eats and drinks etc she was told that they were not expecting her party and there is no room. In the ensuing debate she was sworn at, called a f%#!ing crackhead and was told that her party of 25 was nothing compared to the business that he is letting in today. A nice exciting event spoiled thanks to whoever was  in charge at Logwood. I have never actually been to Logwood and was actually looking forward to the trip, sorry to say my friends and family will never find out if its all that it's cracked up to be. (No pun intended.) Incidents like this are not good for the venue and not good for the sport. T

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa ............ was the venue booked for a birthday party of 25?

Could we hear Logwood's side ........

Would also like to hear what Logwood have to say.

I find the alleged insults to your mom rather shocking.

Hey, good responses, I would love to hear Logwood's side. The venue was booked, even if there was a misunderstanding the insults were uncalled for. Does anyone have any contacts at Logwood? 

I'm sorry to say' date=' my son (8) was invited to birthday party at Logwood Bike Haven. We never actualy got there because birthday mom, a very organised and detailed person who had spent weeks organising the cycling party, called us to say that the party won't be held there after all. It turned out that upon arrival with party goodies, eats and drinks etc she was told that they were not expecting her party and there is no room. In the ensuing debate she was sworn at, called a f%#!ing crackhead and was told that her party of 25 was nothing compared to the business that he is letting in today. A nice exciting event spoiled thanks to whoever was  in charge at Logwood. I have never actually been to Logwood and was actually looking forward to the trip, sorry to say my friends and family will never find out if its all that it's cracked up to be. (No pun intended.) Incidents like this are not good for the venue and not good for the sport. T[/quote']

You have just posted negative hearsay information that is clearly biased in its presentation and designed to stab someone that doesn't even frequent this forum, as far as I know. You don't sign your name and your profile doesn't really tell us anything about yourself. I therefore consider this an anonymous gripe with no validity.

Why not get the aggrieved mother to register here with her own name, tell the story as it was, and we then get Geoff from Logwood to put his side of the story as well. If there was verbal abuse, human nature tells me it was two-sided and there is more to the story than you're letting on to be.

It takes two to tandem.

Johan,

Fair comment, I have forwarded the link to this note to the agrrieved mom, what she does is up to her. I have introduced myself to the forum and my real name is reflected in the profile. I don't ever play dirty unless I'm mountain biking!

T

i had a great day there with my littlies on friday. there are also insurance/guardian/consent issues that have to be considered when you take kids there.

DR, let's rather leave it a is.  Needless to say, and Johan, this is FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE, I won't sommer go there again.

DR' date=' let's rather leave it a is.  Needless to say, and Johan, this is FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE, I won't sommer go there again. [/quote']

EWEP you were unfortunately drawn into this by someone else. However, alluding to a bad experience and not elaborating is also not the way to go. It leaves the matter hanging and strengthens other hearsay cases. I would argue that in a case like this where you were drawn in you either stand back and not respond, or you respond fully and factually.

He like to keep his bad experience to himself !!! I also had a bad experience there that I am not going to talk about . I think it is enough for you to know about it and the facts etc is not relevant .

Dankie DR.  Johan, kom ek som dit gou op.  Ek het BETAAL om daar te wees (night ride).  Ek vat my vrou (wat op daardie stadium HOOGS verwagtend was!) en haar broer saam.  MAAR, hulle mag nie in die klubhuis sit nie, hulle moet voor die klubhuis sit (nie agter waar jy ingaan na die trails toe nie), want ons is nie "members" nie.  Toe waag my swaer dit om BUITE te rook.  Auk, hy s? hy's nie eers in die army so sleg ges? nie.  Geoff het hom en my vrou "vriendelik" versoek om te f-off.  Needless to say, never again.

DR moet maar sy eie storie vertel, ek was by, maar hy is daar aangevat.

DR' date=' let's rather leave it a is.  Needless to say, and Johan, this is FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE, I won't sommer go there again. [/quote']

EWEP you were unfortunately drawn into this by someone else. However, alluding to a bad experience and not elaborating is also not the way to go. It leaves the matter hanging and strengthens other hearsay cases. I would argue that in a case like this where you were drawn in you either stand back and not respond, or you respond fully and factually.

Johan it seems that you know the owner, but if you look at the tone of the "complainents", it seems as though they are really pissed off at the owner and nothing less than an apology from the owner is going to get the heart rates back to normal.  I know from experiance that once there is a negative input or comment everybody will come out of the closet and give their experience.  Please forgive me i am sorry is all that's going to suffice

My R0.02c worth