Specialized MTB

georges

Can somebdy please enlighten me.

There was some noise about the 2010 specialized mtb bikes being withdrawn due to some frame problems.Is this merely rumour or is there substane to this.

There were indeed certain models impacted....do not know if South Africa was also impacted but a notice was issued in the States...I quickly search for the notice and post link.. :o

Recently, Specialized issued a “Stop Sale Notice” to Authorized Specialized Dealers for the following 2010 26” Epic and 2010 26” Era bicycles with alloy seat stays:

2010 Epic Marathon Carbon

2010 Epic Comp

2010 Epic Marathon Frame

2010 Era FSR Expert Carbon

2010 Epic Expert Carbon

2010 Era FSR Expert

2010 Epic Expert

2010 Era FSR Comp

2010 Epic Comp Carbon

According to our LBS ( I took the notice up with them) the bicycles was never issued in SA and all the stock was sent back to Specialized. That was the reason why there was no stock avaialble in SA for quite a while. Therefore all bikes in SA was repaired before issued to shops.

If I remember correctly the whole issue was about the mounting bracket at the back wheer the brain portion of the rear shock is mounted to the rear stays.

If I remember correctly the whole issue was about the mounting bracket at the back wheer the brain portion of the rear shock is mounted to the rear stays.

CORRECT!! ;)

• 4 months later...

I have just bought the Specialized Epic Carbon Comp 2011. What are readers views/opinions on this bike?