50km route- Centurion

RudoJ

Hey guys

Looking to do a slow 50km (road) on Sunday on mountain bike. Will be first time on bike in 2 weeks. Any suggestions on a route starting in Rooihuiskraal or there abouts?

Hey guys

Looking to do a slow 50km (road) on Sunday on mountain bike. Will be first time on bike in 2 weeks. Any suggestions on a route starting in Rooihuiskraal or there abouts?

Ride to Groenkloof, do one lap inside and back to RHK would give you close to 50Km.

I live in RHK, Groenkloof and back is about 30Km's.

Get onto lenchen or Nelmapius and work your way towards Central Centurion. From there get onto Botha laan and follow it untill Fountains circle.

From Fountains there's two routes:

1. Take nelson mandela drive untill Trichardt and turn right on Trichardt. From Trichardt turn off onto Botha lane again and work your way back home.

2. Take Nelson mandela and turn left up to klapper kop. Just follow the road and eventually it will become Rigel Ave. Cross over the N1 and after a few km's turn right in hans strijdom, which becomes louis trichardt and then on to botha and work your way back home.

Cool, thanks guys, new options I havent considereed

Eventually we went Rooihuiskraal Road, Uitsig which becomes Nelmapius, past Cornwall Hill and Irene Mall, left at Engen, into Hans Strydom, all the way past Zwartkops Golf course, then back home through the Raslouw "plotte" about 46km's. Not a bad route, can drive on dirt shoulder next to road most of the way.

See you 'round Centurion then.

I like the route to Groenkloof option as well, could be fun!

Eks happy met 'n 50km op 'n sondag of saterdag oggend. Laat maar weet. Alhoewel, hierdie naweek gaan nie werk nie :( Doen babbas sondag.