Campagnolo 11spd and 10spd

Christoph

Hi guys

Is it possible to use the Campag Centaur Ergo 10spd shifters on an 11spd Record rear deraileur on a 10spd setup? have to use 10spd due to UCI rules but don't want to buy a new rear deraileur?

Thanks

Not sure about whether it will work. You should try it and see. Officially of course it doesn't, but I have used a ten speed rear der with 8 speed shifters before without a problem.

What UCI rules are those?

it will work, the movement of the mech is determined by by the shifter. mech needs the limits set, the shifter does the rest.

101SCC I also have the same notion as you. I'll just have to try and see..

Not UCI rules but u16 and Junior cassettes (16-27) and (14-25) that don't exist in 11s :( :mellow:

The total swing of an 11 Speed and 10 Speed deraileur is the same. They just managed to fit 11 gears in the same distance that is why your chain is thinner on the 11 speed so you must just adjust the top and bottom stops. Ran a 105 10 speed on a 9 speed settup no problem. The indexing is determined by the STi not the deraileur.