Quote for the Day

shaunh

'A life spent making mistakes is not only more honourable, but more useful than life spent doing nothing.' - George Bernard Shaw

So true! I got over some of my fears on the MTB this weekend, rode a bridge for the first time in a long time and was very happy with my skills on a rocky section of the trail. But it comes at a price, fell over on some rocks and added some new bruises!

No skirts just yet :-D

Hey Mich....hope you are well! Big%20smile

Also slightly bruised here.....had the silliest fall two weeks ago and landed on some rocks on my side. Ribs are STILL sensitive!

Yeah Mints, it's always the silly ones! There was this little uphill with rocks that you had to clear. I've cleared it the last 3 times or so but this time, as I dropped to granny and pedalled like mad, my front wheel zigged, then zagged, so I hit the biggest rock instead of the easy way. I stopped on top of the rock (no more momentum) and slowly toppled onto the unclipped side!

I had a really great ride yesterday from a confidence perspective. Rode a bridge that has been above my mental level and felt like a champion riding a loose rocky slope! Always a good way to end a weekend ;-)

Hey thanks miss v, you'll make me blush!

It's wierd how no matter how well you appear to ride to others, there's always areas you want to improve and others that you admire! It was so great riding with the gang yesterday, no pressure to perform and a safe environment to larn and improve. Really liked the vibe and Steve couldn't stop raving about what a great day he had!

Yeah Mints' date=' it's always the silly ones! There was this little uphill with rocks that you had to clear. I've cleared it the last 3 times or so but this time, as I dropped to granny and pedalled like mad, my front wheel zigged, then zagged, so I hit the biggest rock instead of the easy way. I stopped on top of the rock (no more momentum) and slowly toppled onto the unclipped side!

I had a really great ride yesterday from a confidence perspective. Rode a bridge that has been above my mental level and felt like a champion riding a loose rocky slope! Always a good way to end a weekend ;-)
[/quote']

Cool for you. It does feel so good when you can really see your skills improving. Very satisfying.

My crash was ridiculous. Hard to explain, but similar to yours. Was at slower than walking pace in a real techy section, knew the line i should take, thought i was taking it but somehow i wasn't, hit a rock and in a flash i was on my side wondering.....'What the h&LL just happenned?!'LOL

Hahahahaha! I guess that's part of the game, sometimes even when we think we're doing everything 100% right, we get it wrong ;-)

cervelo, I read on the Duathlon post that you fell? What happened? Knowing Bubba's, it was either sand or rocks!!

Sand... first stretch once you turn in from the road, flew down that first stretch, thats on the bike. And then there was a slight zig zag , got through that, and then it turned a bit to the right, and there was thick sand,  flew off the bike like a rocket...

It has happened to us all. If you ride it enough, it gets better. Then you progress to Botswana sand flanked by thorn bushes, ouch!

Hope you recover quickly, it can be very draining being covered in bruises!

My fall yesterday (luckily only witnessed by 1 person) was so funny, because I had my stop planned and everything. My left cleat unclipped and my foot just resting lightly on the pedal, I moved to the side to stop. A second before I stopped, I went over a rock and the upward pressure caused the cleat to clip in! Needless to say, my stop didn't happen as I planned it! Luckily only some scratches to show for the fall, and of course a bruised egoOuch.