My new 29er

Brian Fantana

So after almost three years of riding single speed 29er I decided to change my geared bike to 29er as well.

Nothing special about this build, everything is pretty much standard, only the Blackspire Super Pro double chainring setup is not standard.

Have done about 600km on the bike over the last two weeks, and no problems so far, very comfortable ride.

Will do a review on the bike after I took her on her debut race, Transbaviaans.

post-4006-106491.jpg

nice, very similar build to mine - what size chainrings did you go for - I put 26/36 on my XT crank....

Hi Rock, I have 38/26 chainrings with 11-34 cassette. I can ride about 48km/h @ 100rpm in my highest gear and this weekend I was able to spin up a real granny gear climb in my lowest gear without any issues.

what does that there weigh? nice bike by the way, I like the double xt vibe.

16" frame, I am between medium and small with most bikes and usually end up taking the smaller frame.

Did the same with mine!

Did not weigh the bike, should be just over 11kg. To be honest, I have only weighed a bike once in my life, that was in a shop, before buying it.

• 1 month later...