Merida 96 or 120

ivor123

Hi

I have a Merida 400 hard tail and i am looking to upgrade to a duel suspension mtb.What is the price def and tec def? Witch one will you recommend?I do normal gravel and tar ridding.

Thanks

The 96's geometry is more towards the racing side. So the rider will be "hunched" over a bit more to get him into a more aerodynamic position on the bike. I think that long days in the saddle will most likely take it's toll in the shoulders and maybe lower back.

The 120's geometry is weighed more towards trail riding. Rider position on the bike will be more relaxed by having the rider sit slightly more upright, placing less strain on shoulders and back.

So in theory the 120 will be a comfier ride... I think...

I'm not sure what the new 120 go for, but I've seen the new 96-1000 go for JUST under R20k.

96 if you are a 65kg racing snake, 120 if you want a more comfortable ride with slightly more travel and a more upright riding position. m2cw.

Were can i get the best deal?I live in Rustenburg and price deference between jhb and here is big! Any suggestions would be appreciated..

Were can i get the best deal?I live in Rustenburg and price deference between jhb and here is big! Any suggestions would be appreciated..

Ivor, go speak with Fareed himself at Cycle Zone. Their service/technical side is not that good, but his prices really are. You will go far to beat his prices, that I can assure you. Do not try and BS him, and he will not BS you.

Rustenburg to Joburg is not such a big trek, not even for a LR D 90...

Not sure of the availability of the 96's at the moment though, I know when I was looking they were not easily available, especially in XL, but, talk to the right peeps, and they make a plan. Tried before I buyed at the Ride before you Buy on the Saturday, my bike was at my LBS on the Tuesday.

Ivor, go speak with Fareed himself at Cycle Zone. Their service/technical side is not that good, but his prices really are. You will go far to beat his prices, that I can assure you. Do not try and BS him, and he will not BS you.

I was there today his prices is good with there bikes!

I saw 2 96 - 1000d's at Grant's cycles on Thursday, just arrived in the store all covered in protective padding.

Also saw one at Cyclelab Centurion. Realy pretty bikes. Surprisingly CL Centurion had the better price... by about 2k!