Rudy Project Rydon - clear photochromic lens

Guest Iron

They work but I find they scratch easily. Managed to stuff up one lens the other day and out of desperation/affordability bought the BBB on Special at Solomons and they work just as well.

• 6 years later...

So takealot has rudyproject rydon clear for sale. Does anyone know if these are photochromic? Is it the se pair thats on sale at cwc?

Sorry im trying to copy the link from takealot but it opens in the app so can't copy a link.

On takealot nowhere does it say photochromic except in the customer review but on cwc website it says photochromic so I'm confused

Edited by kader01

You can always drop into a LBS and fit them. But they bend/are adjustable on so many places, it's almost impossible not to get them to fit properly...

Rule #58 // Support your local bike shop.

Never buy bikes, parts or accessories online. Going into your local shop, asking myriad inane questions, tying up the staff’s time, then going online to buy is akin to sleeping with your best friend’s wife, then having a beer with him after. If you do purchase parts online, be prepared to mount and maintain them yourself. If you enter a shop with parts you have bought online and expect them to fit them, be prepared to be told to see your online seller for fitting and warranty help.

Never buy bikes, parts or accessories online. Going into your local shop, asking myriad inane questions, tying up the staff’s time, then going online to buy is akin to sleeping with your best friend’s wife, then having a beer with him after. If you do purchase parts online, be prepared to mount and maintain them yourself. If you enter a shop with parts you have bought online and expect them to fit them, be prepared to be told to see your online seller for fitting and warranty help.

Henehe

Love it ????

Had a pair for almost 3 years now. Great glasses, really adjustable fit, great lenses, can't really go wrong here.

Beautiful

So to cwc greenpoint it is........to pay 300r more and not earn extra ebucks

I'm looking for the replacement clear lenses only. Battling to find somewhere that will sell the replacement lenses at a realistic price. After all this is why I bought the Rydons, they allow for lens swapping

Been riding with a pair of Rudy Project clear photochromic since 2008.

One of my best cycling kit investments ever made.

Does not matter if you start in the dark hours of the morning for a whole day of riding or doing the 24 race through the day and night.  . . . you just need this one pair of cycling shades.

Never fiddle with swapping lenses or taking them of and stuff them in a pocket somewhere because they are to dark or to clear.  

Edited by IH8MUD

Save up some cash and go to the Rudy Project stand at the Argus Expo

Paid R700 for the RED photochromic lenses about 3 years ago

Never used another lens for MTB - never had to!

Rudy Project Rydon photochromic lenses FTW