Ladies Vets Racing

Hammie

Can someone explain why there is a general lack of interest for this racing category. Its no wonder the quality of ladies racing in this category is so poor. Maybe its because our efforts are measured against the Elites and we are always in the same start group? I know of at least 3 really talented and strong ladies who race and who could kick most elite-butt if they were given the platform to showcase and fine tune their riding skills!

Anyone think that there is a sponsor willing to help start a ladies vets racing team out there?

And lastly, a word to the race orgainisers and sponsors- keep your R200 prize money, we dont need it.

smiley5.gif

I don't know and will proberbly be crucified but isn't it that time in a womens life when they think family comes first? Personally I think it's when women are reaching their prime.

Prime to keep the hubby happy!!!!  Wow are you still a CAVEMAN

No, prime to excell in sports. Look at Hanley Steyn-Kotze and JP's mom.

I think mampara is refering to the inconvienent truth that men don't carry babbies for nine month, before birth, and also men are CAVEMEN, who are largely disinterested in nappy changing,breastfeeding, bottlewashing ext that goes with the first two years of a baby. Its a bit of a load on anyone.

from ladies racing to cavemen, just imagince how they'll fly with a caveman behind them with a knopkierie in his handsLOL

Seriously though, IMO  - lack of numbers first problem, sponsors second. In Sa even top teams battle to find sponsors, or so it seems. Woman's racing (even elites) will always be on the "backstage" amd not draw as many sponsor's as the men's. Thats unfortunately the case in all sports.

I agree with you, women in their 30's are physically stronger. The mental capacity to fight to win seems a distant memory!

Just a thought....but maybe there is not enough interest in the age cat?

Not on a racing level in anyway.

The organisers usually battle just to get 50 ladies overall in the racing category......Confused

Hammie.

I think there is a HUGE gap in the market for advertising in the Ladies bunches....they get a lot of TV coverage and there are not any real strong teams ecept for the usual.  Princes, Chery, Taylorchick i.e. Minolta, Cbist and the odd cyclelab lady. 

That's it.

As for Vets ladies.....I don't know of any.  Sorry.  Elsa is already in her 40's.  Who else that regularly finish top 10 with the Elites?

Hammie

I have to agree with Spinnekop and M'para. I think a lot of the time a female ends up having children and just never gets the time to get back into full training again to really be fully competetive. Whereas the guy can carry on training through pregnancy and birth and doesn't have to give up as much as the female does, so he can be more competetive still.

Life unfortunately changes along with that so does priorities. Only very few females are really driven to get back once they have been off for a year or two, makes it hard!!

Even the elite female races are still quite small, though they are slowly growing which is great to see. The bitchiness in the group doesn't help get newbies as they get treated really negatively, pro girls if you read this there is one area that we need to change, be competetive yes, but it doesn't mean you have to be nasty (words wise and after races).

Unfortunately cycling is still very male dominated and doesn't help to build someone up, when you are weak you have to train by yourself...most woman aren't willing to risk that chance and if they join a bunch they often just end up being dropped which can be very demotivating.

So Hammie maybe you should start a group where woman can join and start building up to become competetive. Big%20smile

Get Pollyfiller to sponsor them.

Ok' date=' I'm going....
[/quote']

I'am just hoping the computer is not on at home, because cozzie if my wife sees this she will give you one fat lip accross the 0000011111000011111 if it makes sense.