Giant Xtc 29er

BergForce

A Niner is like x2.5 times more R yet they are comparable?

Not sure where you get 2.5x more from.

My 2011 Silverback 26" HT with SLX was R10100.00 after discount

My 2012 Scott 29" HT with SLX was R13350.00 after discount and including upgrading the Deore crank to SLX

That is only 1.3x more and I am sure some of that is because it is a Scott and not a Silverback

Not sure where you get 2.5x more from.

My 2011 Silverback 26" HT with SLX was R10100.00 after discount

My 2012 Scott 29" HT with SLX was R13350.00 after discount and including upgrading the Deore crank to SLX

That is only 1.3x more and I am sure some of that is because it is a Scott and not a Silverback

:) - he means Niner as in www.ninerbikes.com. I have one - after 22 years of mountain biking I fell in love again... 2.5x, 4.7x, whatever man,....

:) - he means Niner as in www.ninerbikes.com. I have one - after 22 years of mountain biking I fell in love again... 2.5x, 4.7x, whatever man,....

:huh: :lol:

Niner is sweet :clap: :clap:

I don't think you can go wrong. While the parts spec is not great, it does give you a great frame and fork that you wouldn't feel you're wasting money on by upgrading.

Giant also seems to have hit a sweet spot with the handling. It's one of the few 29ers I've ridden that steers really sweetly. I feel the Niner frames are still first prize ito handling, but Giant comes very close and does it at a better price.

I had the opposite experience moved from the Niner Air 9 to the XTC 29er because it was sharper, more precise and reallt tight up front. Granted mine was full XT with American classic wheels but the XTC platform has to be one of the best around!

That said - I've just put my name down for a new Niner Air 9. I think the new tapered head tube, hydroformed frame and my fox thru axle fork will provide an even better platform.

The old Niner Air9 was dating rapidly with newer 29er frames like the XTC putting it to shame.

Who sells Niner in Jhb area? and what is the estimated cost of the Niner Air 9 frame?

I believe Dangle on the HUB would be your man to contact!