Incorrect posting of items for sale

RudoJ

To Admin: please help all the folks posting non-cycling related items in the for Sale section. Non-cycling related items have their own special place: http://www.thehubsa....t-classifieds/.

Not serious probably, but I'm just in a full of shite mood today, so get it right damnit :angry:

I don't have a problem with the few NCR postings...

But do have a problem with...

Parts for sale...

Wheelset for sale...

Bargain...

Shifters...

I can go on forever...

IDENTIFY WHAT YOU ARE SELLING -> ROAD or MTB

ROAD: followed by description

MTB: followed by description

I don't have a problem with the few NCR postings...

But do have a problem with...

Parts for sale...

Wheelset for sale...

Bargain...

Shifters...

I can go on forever...

IDENTIFY WHAT YOU ARE SELLING -> ROAD or MTB

ROAD: followed by description

MTB: followed by description

Dont you know your stuff?

If it says XT or XTR its MTB

If its Ultegra or Dura Ace its Road

Just kidding, I know what you mean!

A description or Photo at least is required.

there should be a standard form that needs to be completed when selling a complete bike, with mandatory fields eg: SIZE, LOCATION, PRICE, PHOTO

there should be a standard form that needs to be completed when selling a complete bike, with mandatory fields eg: SIZE, LOCATION, PRICE, PHOTO

100% agree with you

What about guys asking " Is this still available?" when the last post stated that the item has been sold (sometimes months ago)....... BURN THEM AT THE STAKE!

Actually one needs to be able to close the thread. This comes back to the rating system of sellers. Should a seller not close his ad, he should get a demerit. Also ads should auto expire after 7 days (with the hubber getting a demerit) with a request to renew.

But admin needs to also create better management of the for sale ads. I've got one thats hard to find to bump it and edit the photos so I will recreate it this weekend again.

I understand that this costs money and if admin wants to charge a small token fee of even R10 to give more value, I will vote for it.

that's why the admin needs to appoint moderators, to help out. I've made that recommendation for a standard format for information on items for sale/wanted ages ago. Somethings about stuff hitting deaf ears. meh <_<

Hi Everyone,

Improvement of the classifieds section is very much on the agenda. Classifieds on The Hub is something that has grown tremendously over the last year or so and I'm very much aware that the Forum platform is not ideally suited to classifieds.

With this in mind we began the process of upgrading the community platform to something that is easier to extend and build on. While there are still various smaller improvements we'll be making to the forum itself, we've got to a fairly stable point following the upgrade where we can now start focussing on the Classifieds section.

There is already a classifieds add-on available which I'm currently testing out. It may require some customisation to suit Hubber's needs, but it has many of the features mentioned above and previously.

I'll create a thread in the New Site Feedback forum for all suggestions / feature requests so that we can track these.

Update: Thread link: https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/78675-classifieds-feature-requests/

Thanks,

Matt

Edited by Admin
Added thread URL

WHOOP WHOOP!! Thanks Matt, it'll make our and your lives much easier (insert hands clapping icon here)