Sani2C a closed shop ?

Slowbee

So a mate and I have been trying for the last 2 years to get an entry to the Sani2C.

He called me last night to say that entries had opened for people who have done it before. They will fill all the spaces with these entries first and then any open slots will be opened to new comers. And he also said that the number fo entries have been reduced from last year.

Are these facts correct ?

(well it is a fact that my mate called - is what he said fact or not?)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, all true.

This is my third year trying. And I dont have much hope. I spoke to some people and they say that they do it every year just to make sure they don't lose their entry. Because if they don't do it for one year, they will lose their entry for the following year and never get in again.

I think its sucks, but what can you do.

That is such a stupid system. They should guarantee the top 100 places and the rest be a lottery. And if you are not riding as the same team, you loose your guarantee and go into the lottery.

Also my third or fourth year of trying and will probably be my last. At least I am now waitlisted at A15 so maybe this year ... :blink:

It is a closed shop.

I refuse to even bother applying.I don't care how good the ride is meant to be.The fact that the entries are not open to all counts against it being a good event.They can stick it where the monkey sticks his nuts.

well well.

So its true. The Sani 2 C is a closed shop to outside entries. Its either bribe or hope that someone is willing to do some kind of a swop.

Perhaps the Sani folk now know they have a following and will always have the places filled.

Well closed shop means I wont bother. And if we let the track record be the way of the future the Joberg2c is also going (is already?) a closed shop to.

well well.

So its true. The Sani 2 C is a closed shop to outside entries. Its either bribe or hope that someone is willing to do some kind of a swop.

Perhaps the Sani folk now know they have a following and will always have the places filled.

Well closed shop means I wont bother. And if we let the track record be the way of the future the Joberg2c is also going (is already?) a closed shop to.

I guess that part of their reasoning when reducing numbers were that many riders were going to jump to Joberg2C as they are now only 2 weeks apart. It is almost like a share listing on the JSE - you WANT it to be over subscribed to ensure that riders have a feeling of exclusivity and value. I remember having to queue in my younger days to get into clubs, and when you get inside, its 1/2 full. If I was walking past with no queue, I would have kept on walking...

I won't be surprised to see a special release of entries due to popular demand, so put your name on the waiting list when the time comes and see what happens.

well well.

"The Sani 2 C is a closed shop to outside entries. Its either bribe or hope that someone is willing to do some kind of a swop."

OR buy a Sabaru and your in (inclusive entry to S2C) I'm not paying odd R250 000 plus just to get a enty . . .

I guess that part of their reasoning when reducing numbers were that many riders were going to jump to Joberg2C as they are now only 2 weeks apart. It is almost like a share listing on the JSE - you WANT it to be over subscribed to ensure that riders have a feeling of exclusivity and value. I remember having to queue in my younger days to get into clubs, and when you get inside, its 1/2 full. If I was walking past with no queue, I would have kept on walking...

I won't be surprised to see a special release of entries due to popular demand, so put your name on the waiting list when the time comes and see what happens.

what dates are sani 2 c and joberg 2 c next year?

I got my own entry for the Sani2c race by doing the Sani Non stop 2 years ago. If the same rules still apply then you know what to do if you want an entry.

non-stop not happening according to their website.

I also read somewhere on their site that only 550 entries were available online yesterday. Not sure what they are doing with the other 100 though.

would love to here the organisers take on this whole thing. The thing with exclusivity is eventually people dont think that its worth the effort.