Fountains Pollution

River Rat

This is a polite request to the organsers of the Cross Country Champs held at Fountains a couple of weeks ago. Please remove all your red an white barrier tape it is polluting the area.

Not cool guys :angry:

Hi River Rat. As part of the XCO Champs organising comittee I feel it is my civil obligation to comment on your statement regarding our polluting of Fountains as you so apply mention above. We never used red and white tape. As part of the MTN series we were obligated to use the MTN yellow tape. We did remove all the tape we used by the Monday after the event. However since the champs was held there has been other events as well that use the trails that we also use. So the GN MTB guys are not to blame.

There was a School Cross Country race at Fountains on Friday afternoon, maybe try to find out who were the organisers of that event and take it up with them.

The week after the champs there was a HUGE running event....maybe them not doing their jobs?

Just a thought......

;)

Thanks for the replies.

I'm delighted that the MTBike community is not to blame regarding the red and white barrier tape. Scalpel please accept my apologies. However, here are still Miway signs dotted around the area could you please address this.

I will certainly pick up the issue regarding the School cross country event organsers.

And this is why something should always first be taken up with the alleged guilty party and if they still don't want to listen, then take it further

Well, while we are on the topic, theres still some red (nissan?) tape as you drive on the N4 towards cullinan/bronkhorstspruit, on your left in the trees on the property next to the road. Is this maybe from the Hazeldean race ?

Here's an update on the barrier tape situation. I have managed to track down the guilty party namely the organisers of the Primary Schools Cross Country running event held on Friday the 30th July . Japie Venter, the organsier has undertaken to have it cleaned up by tomorrow.

Stewie in a perfect world your comment is absolutely valid but it is my experience in these matters that if you don't go in with all guns blazing you will not get any action. The truth of the matter is that the MTB Champs organisers are not without blame. Scalpel, Alan Smith of the Gauteng North Masters Cross Country Association who organsied an event at Fountains on the 24th had to clean up your yellow tape as well as their own. :(

The end result of this is I have had to apologise to two organisers, but I have have also got their unreserved attention as to what is acceptable and what is not. I quite like that! :)