Thumbs Up - Johan Bornman

Mojoman

Thanks to Johan Bornman for getting me the Shimano pedal tool, it took my LBS, West Rand Cycles, over a month to decide that they couldn't get one, and it took Johan less than a week to get one and then post it onto me. Poor service from the LBS (to be expected it would appear) and exceptional service from someone who I do not know and have never spent any money with. Support those guys who make an effort for you, even if it is for a tool that is under R50!

Thats the one, the awesomely brilliant lump of plastic commonly known as the TL-PD 40, by the way, to anyone trying to service the M520 pedals, watch out for those itsy bitsy BB's!!

Guest Big H

Thats the one, the awesomely brilliant lump of plastic commonly known as the TL-PD 40, by the way, to anyone trying to service the M520 pedals, watch out for those itsy bitsy BB's!!

How many bearings are there in these pedals. Two positions how many bearings in each?????? I serviced mine and ...... oopsie!!!!!...... I found a loose bearing on the table afyter ssembly??????

I know many threads have been started about how bad Cajees is, but my feeling lately is that one should rather do some investigation on what it is that you need and then buy from Cajees or Solomons because they generally give the best prices. If you do need help/advice get hold of someone like Johan or one of these guys that does bicycle servicing/maintenance by themselves. They have a lot more to loose from giving bad service than most of the LBS.

Guest Big H

I know many threads have been started about how bad Cajees is, but my feeling lately is that one should rather do some investigation on what it is that you need and then buy from Cajees or Solomons because they generally give the best prices. If you do need help/advice get hold of someone like Johan or one of these guys that does bicycle servicing/maintenance by themselves. They have a lot more to loose from giving bad service than most of the LBS.

teach and empower yourself, buy yourself a book like the Park Big Blue Book of Bicycle Maintenance and also surf the internet or ask questions on the Hub. There are many vidoes availabloe on any topic as well as instructions. Not one of my three tandems and three half bikes has seen the inside of a bicycle shop workshop.

Guys like Johan, although they do not normally care to share wisdom, makes money out of supplying a service.

Guest Big H

@Big H and what is wrong with that people make money from supplying a service?

Nothing..... as long as those requesting help or advice pay for their time. Freebies is/may be an irritation.

Guys like Johan, although they do not normally care to share wisdom, makes money out of supplying a service.

What a SH!T comment!

I think Big H is saying: Johan is happy and willing to share his knowledge and expertise (as he so often does, and we say huge thanks for that) but that he ultimately must make some money. This he does by offering various services like his maintenance workshops, for which you should be willing to pay - just as you would expect JB to pay for your services were he to consult you. But let me not put words in another's mouth, or my foot in my own.