Bottel cage problem

Alien Racer

Any good cages out there that does not loose the bottel, i do not like hydration packs! I'm riding a hardtail mtb.

I've wasted hundreds of rands on all different types.

Please help!

Specialized Rib Cage Pro:

http://www.evanscycles.com/product_image/image/614/1ae/efe/39048/product_page/specialized-rib-cage-pro-bottle-cage.jpg?1246014164

I've yet to lose a bottle! Road or mountain bike...

I use aluminium ones that I can bend to keep the bottles in place... not the coolest but the most practicle I've found.

Make that 3 agreements: those Spez Rib Cages are the thing. I have one mounted on my seat pillar and one on the frame and yet to loose a bottle.

the issue is not so much the bottle cage as the bottle. I lost a bottle from a ribcage that everyone is raving about. The bottle was of slightly smaller diameter and it came out.

that being said the specialized bottle cages are the shiz

currently using ravx aluminium ones - no issues at all and they hold the bottles super tight

The older Rib Cages were better. The ones where the mouth could expand and had the rubber.

I'm with Brussel. The local bottles are smaller then imported ones for which the cages are made for.

Specialized Rib Cage Pro:

http://www.evanscycles.com/product_image/image/614/1ae/efe/39048/product_page/specialized-rib-cage-pro-bottle-cage.jpg?1246014164

I've yet to lose a bottle! Road or mountain bike...

Careful of these cages....they have caused a HUGE scratch on my frame and various other hubber's frames.

Ask Jules to enlighten you with details of his badly damaged Scott CR1 frame!!! :( :( :(

Have got the specialized Rib vages on my MTB dual sus, have not lost a bottle to date.

Agreed one needs to buy the slightly larger diameter bottles for a super tight fit.

Bontrager race lite cage with Ryder water bottles . never lost one , been using them for a long time. Brussel is right , its a combination of the best fitting cage and bottle.

How much are those?

Sorry, I can't remember what I paid.

Careful of these cages....they have caused a HUGE scratch on my frame and various other hubber's frames.

Ask Jules to enlighten you with details of his badly damaged Scott CR1 frame!!! :( :( :(

I've yet to see a scratch on my mountain or road bike as a result of these cages. The fit just like any other one so I don't see how it could scratch your frame unless you're doing something wrong or you have a super weird frame. :P

I use a pretty ordinary bottles made by First Ascent that I got at Sportsmans Warehouse. Nothing fancy, but they stay put in those cages! B)

been Using Tacx cages for 3 years, I have a FS with one bottlecage, and In that cage is a 1l tank of a bottle. 1kg and a lot more leverage than normal bottles.. Never dropped a bottle once.

post-1279-033870500 1280846056.jpg

I changed all my water bottle cages to the Servas MTB cage, it got a small peice of rubber at the bottem of the cage that"hooks-holds" your waterbottle. I have never lost a bottle again when I go over any hump etc. With out a doubt best cage if loosing waterbottles is your concern. If you want, I will email you a pic of the cage, just pm me your email address.

Just got these: http://www.cwcycles.co.za/sites/default/files/imagecache/product/elite_cage_red.jpg from Chris Willemse

Similar to the Spez, and work just as well.

Was losing bottles all over the place with my previous cages.