PPA - giving back to us!

Cassie

Just to let you all know...I found out yesterday (by chance) that there are currently two sets of single track being build /repaired in the Helderberg basin. One group is busy in Lourensford and another new sweet single track is being finished in Schapenberg - Sir Lowry's pass (will eventually replace the current Epic finish over the "wagon wheel tracks")

So, I was pleasantly surprised at thsi information and perhaps PPA should make more effort to show us what they are actually doing...it's all about PR and advertising yourself!!

Well done PPA ...I'll give credit where it is due!!

Building trails in the outback doesnt help for cycling safety in the CBD. What this does do is go on their portfolio so they look good.

I want cycling lanes, let AMA do the trails.

So you saying PPA should only do things for roadies and not for mtbikers? Do you acrtually believe PPA is for roadies interests only?

Good work PPA

Building trails in the outback doesnt help for cycling safety in the CBD. What this does do is go on their portfolio so they look good.

I want cycling lanes, let AMA do the trails.

I live in the outback the cycling lanes are City of Cape Towns responsibility, not PPA. PPA are taking credit where not due.

But the issue for me is that PPA should give me the option to vote with my cash. I want trails (my local cycling paths are good enough for me to commute each day). So my only option is give all my cash to AMA, which is actually the better thing to do.

Ha ha, I dont own a road bike but do cycle more than most roadies. PPA is supposed to be at the forefront of cycling safety, hence their cash cow called the Argus. Anyone cycling into the CBD (I am not saying only the CBD but SS too) is at risk. The harbour is going to stop cyclists, and the freeway is too dangerous, just ask FRAIL.

Tygerberg can build kilometers of trail and they a small community. PPA should have cycle lanes built between the major cities if you compare the mebership numbers.

I say good to PPA for doing something, but BOO for not doing what they are supposed too which is cycling safety.

I may be wrong here so please dont flame me, its just the understanding I have.

I am a mamber of AMA, Tygerberg, CSA and have a Wild card so its not like I am shouting from the sidelines.

SSW is where I take all my bikes to be serviced, currently have my commuting SS there having its annual lubrication.

Yeah, at least PPA is moving inthe right direction! I agree with cbrundston...the city of Cape Town (who get loads of tax payers money)shouls also take responsibility for cycling safety...we are also road users afer all!!

The City will only move on a matter if there is sufficient public interest / pressure to do so. Thats how politics work. We rely on PPA to talk on our behalf with the Shitty City. I have not renewed my PPA membership as I don't see them batting for us and they also seem to get more things wrong during mtb races than what they get right. As to PPA funding trail building: Its a good thing. They are recognising more and more that their future revenue source will be from mountainbiking, but until they have a dedicated division that looks after mountainbiking, I will sit on the sidelines.

My money for 2010/2011 went to: Tygerberg MTB club and AMA rider.

I cant wait to ride the new trails. Hope it rocks.