Kudos to First Ascent for great service!

wesley_r

Bought myself a First Ascent Apple Jacket recently - it's a wind / water resistant outer shell that stuffs into it's own chest pocket to the size of an apple, basically. Took it for it's first outing one morning in Grabouw and it performed very well, until I bailed on a rocky descent and put a small tear in the sleeve.

Emailed First Ascent and got a response the same day - send us the jacket and we'll sort it out. Dropped it off at their offices, and just over a week later their driver rang my bell - here's your jacket.

They repaired the tear with a small patch, and then put a big square patch on each elbow (tear was just about the elbow) to add some extra strength to both arms, which was very subtley / tastefully done and I thought was a nice touch.

Best part - no charge!

Big Kudos to First Ascent for the great service, plus on top of that it's a great jacket and I would easily recommend both the product and the brand to anyone! B)

Very nice! I placed an order on their website about 3 weeks ago, which arrived 2 days later by door-to-door courier. What a pleasure.

Bought myself a First Ascent Apple Jacket recently - it's a wind / water resistant outer shell that stuffs into it's own chest pocket to the size of an apple, basically. Took it for it's first outing one morning in Grabouw and it performed very well, until I bailed on a rocky descent and put a small tear in the sleeve.

Emailed First Ascent and got a response the same day - send us the jacket and we'll sort it out. Dropped it off at their offices, and just over a week later their driver rang my bell - here's your jacket.

They repaired the tear with a small patch, and then put a big square patch on each elbow (tear was just about the elbow) to add some extra strength to both arms, which was very subtley / tastefully done and I thought was a nice touch.

Best part - no charge!

Big Kudos to First Ascent for the great service, plus on top of that it's a great jacket and I would easily recommend both the product and the brand to anyone! B)

Please send me the deatails of whoever you contacted, i have a jacket that needs a new zip :D

Please send me the deatails of whoever you contacted, i have a jacket that needs a new zip :D

I sent an email to info@firstascent.co.za and was contacted back by Mike

Their Singletrack shorts and Dirt Rider Socks are the best ever.Good guys as well.

quite keen on the singletrack or freeride shorts, when i have the dosh ;)

never knew about the socks until now, methinks i might need to order a pair (or 2) B)

@the_wes the Dirt rider sox are really good beats falke. Cyclelab also stocks them.

shot x2 - was about to buy another pair of falkes!