BB

spattula

Hi

I am looking for advice. I have a shimano hollowtec crankset with BB. I think my BB's bearings are shot as my BB got wet inside. The crank arms don't roll over smoothly, make a slight noise, and don't turn as easily/fast as they used to. I am waiting for a new BB. Would anything happen if I cycle with my bike in its current condition or should I wait for the new BB?

All it will cause is for the bearings to become even more shot or if the bearing totally seize the crank are will rotate in the bearings and cause some damage how long must you wait for the new bb?

Personally I wouldn't ride it until I get the new one but thats just me others may argue otherwise is it a mountainbike or road bb, Rush sports do do replacement bearing kits from enduro for shimano bb check it out at rushsports.co.za

look for johan borman on this thread (probably did not spell that correctly) but he is the whizz on this kind of thing.