Any donations of old or unused cycling equipment?

GNCTrack

Hi guys

I know many of you have old cycling equipment that you're not using anymore. I was wondering if you would donate such equipment to a worthy cause? I have several young riders I am trying to help get into cycling. They come to the track on Wednesday afternoons and ride with us, but they are lacking some of the equipment the rest of use see as necessary to ride bike. Several of them are still riding in tackies, and I have one young rider who I have been able to find shoes for, but the shoes only take three bolt cleats, so my old time pedals won't work for him (my size nines also don't fit his size 11 feet).

Any donations would be greatly appreciated, from cycling shorts, to spare parts for bikes. Please contact me so that we can arrange a way for me to get the stuff!

At the moment these young guys are using the Province's track bikes and helmets (bought by Lotto) and are riding in casual shorts and T-shirts.

Thanks for your help,

Sheldon

Sheldon, I have a pair of shoes size 43 and a Trek helmet ypu are most welcome to collect from me. PM for my address.

Also, I applaud your willingness to help the less fortunate. May GOD bless you!!!Thumbs%20Up

Thanks Shaun

I will PM for your details.

They are largely 11 to 14 years old. Why? What's the issue with their age?

Sheldon

Cool, just wondering. But I am pretty sure I will be able to find someone to fit into almost anything... All I need is time!

Sheldon.........if you can comile a list of wat you need so we can work from that.........i.e. tick off who covers what :)

Ok Jokerman

I'm just not sure how far to take the list. I mean do I add bikes? I mean, two of the youngsters have bmxs I'm sure if enough people contributed a wheel here, a jockey there, a saddle from the next place, I would put the bike together, and another cyclist on the road!

Another thing I'm not sure of is whether you guys want me to say who has donated what. I always believe in giving credit where credit is due, but I know some people want to remain anonymous is these situations...

A quick list though would include:

1 - 3 bolt cleats and pedals (typical Look style)

1 - Size 11 Shoes (someone as a result of this post has already donated these)

1 - Size 3 shoe (I need to check on the size)

2 - pedals and cleats for above shoes

- Small clothes (they have big feet and small bodies)

Once again, thanks guys!!

Have a pair of size 13 exustar shoes you're welcome to, clothes are to big unfortunatelywolverine2007-08-21 05:55:29

Ian I see I missed part of the question there. They are from Pretoria, the western side, most of them are close to Pilditch Cycling Track.

Thanks Wolverine, how could I get those from you?

Thanks E1A104, everything is appreciated!

ive just givev a bag full off kit to youngsters in tembisa,i have expired nutrition stock,nothing wrong with product just cant put in shops,pleasepm me

Hi

You can have ........

Sora 8 speed shifters

Front deraileur

Rear Deraileur

8 speed chain

BBB Peddles

Think I might have a set or two of medium kit as well. PM me if you can use it.