Aerozine BB

spattula

Hi

Could anyone give me information or opinions on the Aerozine X-type BB? Its a lot cheaper than the Shimano, but how does it compare?

This is just my opinion and I only have experience with the older Aeroizine bbs the olders one didn't last but I am not shure how the new versions are.

Hopefully the newer versions have sorted the old models problems.

It's cheap and therefore the durability is not great. That is my experience. I installed one 6 months ago and ride regularly but I am replacing it this weekend with a KCNC BB as the bearings are starting to grind.

The salesman from Bester Cycles where I bought the Aerozine said that they can be serviced though so you only need to replace the bearings but still keep the cups and sleeve. Will be cheaper than buying a new one.

I am going to send mine to be serviced and see how that works out.

not going to last.. but the KCNC ones form WCycles are the beezknees, and R300 bucks I think.

It's a piece of ***, don't waste your money. The Hope BB's from wwwcwcycles.co.za are great value.

At R230 for aerozine bb,you can replace them every 2nd month,and they look cool.

They are servicable,but not when they are rough already.

You need to service them after Major wet rides,if you leave them till they get rough its too late B) .

They don't last, but I am still tempted to try the new ones ... so nice to have a splash of colour at the BB

The Shimano BB's are basic, but reliable and wear well

My Aerozine BB lasted about 4 months (daily riding). I just replaced the bearings with Enduro bearings (R90 a bearing on CRC at the time)which lasts a lot longer. In my opninion this is the best bet in terms of value for money - just replace the bearings instead of the whole BB.

In my opinion the shimano BB doesn't last much longer than the Aerozine, and definitely not as long as enduro bearings.

Aerozine BB's (the one that came with my crank) doesn't have a sealing system. Actually, it relies on the bearing's cover seals only, with only a plastic cover over the side, which let dirt in.

Piece of crap.

Get any X-Type cups and put Enduro bearings in... not only very good bearings, but has a great sealing system.

I had the ceramic at first and i destroyed it! Now i have the normal non ceramic version, had it on about 2 months maybe 3 now and its perfect!

What does one pay for the cheapest bearings ? I kinda feel like I should just get that and then replace them as soon as they are grindy or after a mucky ride, all this faffing with a BB does not seem to be worth the trouble to me...

I have a ceramic Hope bb, which is supposedly very well sealed as its made for wet Uk conditions. Well the the left bearing was shot pretty quickly and they are not cheap to replace :angry:

Unsure if its sealing/maintenance/washing/installation that caused it though, so other bearing/cup combos may have had the same issue. XT and XTR BB's I had didnt give me grief atleast.