Bontrager vs Zipp

ebeinart

Dudes any advice assuming same price Bontrager 6.5 Aerolus or Zipp 606's predomiant use Triathlon Long and Short

Bontrauger..................for one simple reason...................they have the best aftersales service ever in Sa.

Zipps, great wheel but if you need backup your going to battle as the agents don't quiet know what they are doing..........

The problem is that Zipps look good on any bike and Bontragers only looks good on a Trek.

But I would join amdretard on the every tom, dick and harry theory.

Take a look at the wattage forum on googlegroups - you will have to subscribe.  There is a lot of discussion regardind wheels comparison, tyre rolling resistance etc.

What I can say is that Bontrager have been getting rave reviews.  Zipps have always been the benchmark.

Another place you will find plenty of info is http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?forum=1

I think the main thing couting for and against Bontrauger is the fact that it's a Trek product...........and not a stand alone as Zipp

Bontragers are all factory built wheels. No short cuts.

For sure, a wheel is only as good as it's build!

Yip, and Bontraugers backup is as solid as Trek is a bike factory............which counts in their favour as these guys have the same backup in Sa.

Broke a spoke on a set of XXX lites...being the second owner......They replaced the whole wheel no questions asked. They said it's very simply.....the wheel should not do it........

Try to get the local Zipp agents to do that..........I'm pretty sure they won't

I think the main thing couting for and against Bontrauger is the fact that it's a Trek product...........and not a stand alone as Zipp

And why does that count against it?  Trek have awesome TT technology.  And anyway, the Bontrager Aeolus wheels are made by HED - also not a slouch in TT technology.

I have never broken a spoke before . Last sunday at the duathlon I did manage to break one on my new Bontrager wheels . Let's see what the service is like , if it is anything as good as the Raleigh backup service I will be very happy .

Zipps have tose cool looking (dont know hom much faster ) dimples...

Have to agree with you, I've heard that those dimples on the Zipps is proppably one of the bigest sales gimmics ever.....Confused But I have a set of 404 (without the dimples) and I absolutely LOVE THEM, Nicest wheels I've ever ridin.....

Will have to see how the Mavic SL on the new baby compares to the Zipps