Wobbly rotor

Edition 507

My rotor got mysteriously bent the one day after my kids had been playing with the bike. It is more of a wobble than a bend so it is not too serious, although the squeak squeak squeak is a bit annoying while riding (but on the other hand the resistance training is fantastic :D ).

Any suggestions of a quick fix getting it straight again?

turn the bike upside down and slowly spin the wheel watching the rotor through the pads to see where the bend is and listen for the squeak ... when you see/hear it stop the wheel, make sure you have the right spot on the rotor and then take a shifting spanner and tighten it so its flush on the rotor - then bend in the desired direction ... spin ... check ... fixed

Then hit the kids over the head with the shifting

Turn the bike upside down. Spin the wheel and check the gap change between the disc and pads. Once you've gauged where the bend is use some lateral thumb pressure to straighten it.(grip the disc with both hands and overlap your thumbs so that you only use the surface area of one thumb to push) Start with a small amount of pressure and keep gauging it by checking it against the pads. Increase the pressure on your thumbs until you can see that it is straightening. Eventually you'll get there. This has worked for me in the past. It does take quite a bit of pressure to straighten it though. Other than that buy a new disc.

turn the bike upside down and slowly spin the wheel watching the rotor through the pads to see where the bend is and listen for the squeak ... when you see/hear it stop the wheel, make sure you have the right spot on the rotor and then take a shifting spanner and tighten it so its flush on the rotor - then bend in the desired direction ... spin ... check ... fixed

Then hit the kids over the head with the shifting

Ha ha, you're too quick..... seems my thumbs double as shifting spanners.... :P