crc - some info please

Redline

hi guys,

as I don't buy over the big pond on a regular basis... how long does shipment take to land here in jhb from crc?

and do you have to pay import tax on the items purchased?

thanks..

Can be as quick as 4-5 working days to arrive in JHB. Id say give it a week or two to be safe.

You can track you parcel online to see exactly where it is.

I placed an order Tuesday morning, arrived in JHB on Saturday, if we didnt have a holiday today it might have been in Cape Town already :(

Import duties and VAT will have to be paid depending on what you bring in - has been discussed in length here

Ive only been waiting since June 12th :/ hope you get yours on the first go. And tracking depends on the method of shipment you specified.

(yes Big H i know ;) )

Guest Big H

Make sure you know what you want to order. Returning things over the big pond is difficult and expensive. Go to your LBS and do window shopping ...... O ja make sure you give thenm the correct delivery details.

My last order was shipped on Friday and at my local PO on Wednesday... in UITENHAGE... meaning.. it was in JHB on Sunday already...

Parcelforce normally takes a week...

And shop around... CRC is by no ways always the cheapest... sometimes eBay has much better deals... sometimes CWC or my local shop beats them too...

thanks for the info... and yep, tax and shipping kinda spoil things.... but the sale items makes for some worthwile bargains.

cheers

thanks for the info... and yep, tax and shipping kinda spoil things.... but the sale items makes for some worthwile bargains.

cheers

No Tax ..... only 14% VAT + 10% on the VAT only and free shipping if the order is over ZAR 2800-00 (roughly.... check the website for the correct figure)....... and the best thing about them is that they stock goodies and things you cannot even dream to find in local LBS's and internet order companies.

Not really worthwhile if you want a small order.

I placed an order Tuesday morning, arrived in JHB on Saturday, if we didnt have a holiday today it might have been in Cape Town already :(

Typical service to expect :angry:

Time for parcel from UK to JHB 4 days

Time for parcel from JHB to CPT 5 days and counting - noting yet! :angry:

Anyone know how I can speed it up or who to contact in CPT?

Typical service to expect :angry:

Time for parcel from UK to JHB 4 days

Time for parcel from JHB to CPT 5 days and counting - noting yet! :angry:

Anyone know how I can speed it up or who to contact in CPT?

which shipping option did you choose?

Parcelforce - I am able to track it but not sure if they will deliver to me or do I have to collect somewhere?

Last time I went to some international parcel collection depot in Epping?

the GPO's central depot is in Epping. if they want to jerk your chain, and there is no other reason other than to jerk your chain, they will materialise some crappy excuse why they cant release your parcel until you go over with + ID and all that rub-ish. Pay there collect there in that case.

But if they are not feeling like proper pricks, they do send it on to your post office, or via a courier company for delivery to your door. Hope I'm not confusing it with UPS, which definitely sends the man to your door.

give them a call.Maybe they getting so anal they dont even bother letting your know they're holding your parcel to ransom... <_<

Cool, thanks man, thought I would pop in there tomorrow to see what is happening! You have a phone number for them perhaps?

i think it's this tankman

Capemail

Cnr Mail & Techno Crescent Epping

Capemail, Western Cape 8003

t: (021) 535-1526

(021) 590-5440

Thanks, got hold of them - "oh ja, your parcel is sitting at your local post office"

Duh! They seem to be a bit slow in notifying you that you stuff has arrived!

Went to collect and then it was time to play! :D

All and all, it arrived very quickly, in my excitement I counted Sunday and Monday as well which doesn't really count.