Race King

eddy

I have a pair of non-UST Race King tyres which I run on a set of American Classic tubeless ready wheels.

I have tried them without tubes, and they hold air well, even without sealent.

I will obviously use some sealant, but could I use these wheels tubeless for some non-technical riding along the spruit ? If so, what would the limitations be, or should I just run the tyres with sealant filled tubes?

Non UST tires will have slow leaks to sidewalls due to there being less rubber used on the tire (they are much lighter than UST tires)

Some non ust tires can be used 'tubeless' but do yourself a favour and put in sealant (stans, Joes etc)

With sealant you should be able to use them all over, not just for the spruit, but remember that the thinner sidewalls are much weaker, and you could be in for a long walk back should they split or you get a sidewall cut, or a puncture that just wont plug.

Race kings are great, but I use the UST version 2.2. Having experienced untimely sidewall failure on Maxxis non UST tires, its just not worth the mission going non UST.

Some non ust tires can be used 'tubeless' but do yourself a favour and put in sealant (stans, Joes etc)

Race kings are great, but I use the UST version 2.2. Having experienced untimely sidewall failure on Maxxis non UST tires, its just not worth the mission going non UST.

Thx, I will definately use Sealant, and if I did not have them already I'd buy UST ones. But I have them, so was wondering if I could use them like this.

I found even with sealant (Joes), the non ust race kings didnt even hold air for an hour, you could actually see the sealant bubbling through the side walls at the "checker" pattern. I think they are too light to run without tubes. That was my experience anyway. Gave up on them so, I have 2 unused ones going begging if anyone wants at a small donation of r250 each!

PS these are the supersonic ones. (super light)

I rigged a set of Maxis Tubless. The weight saving was enormous. First ride I cut a sidewall and had to trash the tyre. I now stick to the right tubeless tyres and live with the weight. Oh and the right tubeless setup is a Race King Rear and Mountain King Front. But that is just da Agents opinion.

They will work , im runing a pair of race kings front and rear. Raced / trained on them for a while and they awsome. they do work better in dry hardpack, but used them at sabie classic and all was fine.

Flogster there must have been something wrong with yours. I went on holiday for four weeks and when I came the Race Kings were still inflated. It was done by the LBS when the bike was built up

I also run a mountain king non ust tubeless with sealant. No problems use them to race and train but be warned the sidewalls are much thinner and gets cut quite easily...