Tubbies and sealant

eddy

I have seen the benefit of sealant in both tubes and tubeless tyres on my MTB for the last 5 years.

Despite many thorns etc. penetrating the casings, I have not had to change or use a tube on the ride.

However, I have read about the big downside of tubbies being that if you puncture on a ride, you are basically stuffed.

My question: Is there any reason why I cannot use a sealant in a tubbie, and will it give me the same protection ?

Are you talking about a road tubbie?If so the pressure is to high and will just squirt the sealant out.

There are a few companies making road wheel sealant.

There are a few companies making road wheel sealant.

Who would those be ? And yes, I am talikng about road tubbies.

Also, if the pressure squirts it out, will it not stop at a certain pressure and then I can add enough pressure back to get me home ?

I have seen the benefit of sealant in both tubes and tubeless tyres on my MTB for the last 5 years.

Despite many thorns etc. penetrating the casings, I have not had to change or use a tube on the ride.

However, I have read about the big downside of tubbies being that if you puncture on a ride, you are basically stuffed.

My question: Is there any reason why I cannot use a sealant in a tubbie, and will it give me the same protection ?

You can use sealant with road tubbies as tubbies you can take the valve core out to allow you to get the sealant into the tube. I had a puncture on a ride a week ago on a continental sprinter tyre and the sealant stopped it and I finished the ride without having to add any pressure. The sealant that I find works the best you can buy from Specialized http://www.specialized-sa.co.za/contentequipment.php?cat=176 it is called air lock sealant. For best results you can add a little water up to 50/50 to make it flow inside the tyre better. It is in the region of about R100 for 8oz of sealant which is good for two MTB tyres. I add less in a road tubby.

sorry for you, but i have to give some right informations.

tubolars tyres has an inner tube.

so sealant goes inside it.

to be sure of not damage that tube , must be used only sealant without ammonia.

as i know , only one brand has NOT ammonia inside sealant formulas. Caffelatex from Mariposa , from Italy.

i use it with many luck in my 26" and 29" tubolar sets .

for other ZTR set i use JOE'S NOFlats... but this summer i notice fast evaporation of liquid part and going solid easly ... seems the product has low quality compared to 1-2 years ago bottle

using now NOTUBE'S