Kingskloof

AndreZA

For the past month I've been riding my road bike past the entrance of Kingskloof trail and I've never seen the gate without a lock. This past Saturday some MTBers stopped me and asked where this trail was. I send them back up the road as said they missed the board next to the gate and said I've never seen it open. I got to the top and these guys are still trying to find some way into the grounds.

So what's the point of this trail if it is never open?

Strange. We rode there once. The guys had lots of plans and seemed very keen to make it into a realy good MTB trail. But all of a sudden nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Same experience here. Even tried to phone them and got no answer.

I posted on their own thread that was here and never got a response. Would like to know what has happened.

I spoke to one of the guys last week. Herman. He said that currently they are only open on Sundays 8am - 4pm.

I spoke to one of the guys last week. Herman. He said that currently they are only open on Sundays 8am - 4pm.

It will be great if they made this public knowledge.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried pm'ing on the hub, emailing them, querying on their website, but no response in almost a month.

was quite keen to try it out......

was....

and opening at 8 is dumb, once summer's in full swing it's light from 530, if not earlier!

• 3 weeks later...

Was there yesterday. Really awesome trail! Very technical, try not to fall into the river...

Besides my buddy and myself think that only 2 other people road the trail yesterday. So, nice and quite.

Quite difficult for newbies like me but I'm sure the pros will love it.

• 1 month later...

did a trailrun there on sunday and all the time was thinking that i'd love to take my bike there - especially on some of the downhills!

there were mountainbikers on the paths while we were running - was quite annoying to have to go off track to 'give track' just to run next to the trail to pass them when they're pushing their bikes - just to 'give track' a few minutes later - but the mountainbikers seemed to know where the trails go to - like regular riders would - saw some nice technical tracks, and an advert about mtb, didn't ask about mountainbiking afterwards, though. superb for running!