Falling with clipon shoes!

Clint Adams

Fell for the first time tonight and not even while riding hard.

Bike came to a stand still and i forgot I had to loosen the cleat from the pedal.

LOL

The Guy @ my LBS told me it was gonna happen sometime.

Has this happened to anyone else????

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This has happened to every person to ever started on clipless pedals.... so dont stress.

+1, +2, +3

I've had clipless pedals for almost a year and occasionally I still forget that I am wearing them!

You are not a cyclist........till you have fallen at a robot, because you forgot to unclip.. welcome to cycling

I've had clipless pedals for almost a year and occasionally I still forget that I am wearing them!

Dud, it's gona happen more then once, even when you do remember that you have clips on. LOL.

i fell again the other day. and my cleats are really loose. but also just a side ways fall on some rocks. ;)

Ditto for my wife!!

Her 4 stiches on her elbow will be removed tomorrow AM!!

Cannot get her back onto the bike though....bit apprehensive for the time being..

What about at the end of a MAJOR race (94.7 to be exact). Forgot to unclip and landed ontop of the lady handing over the medals. She ended up inside the box.

The funniest I ever saw was my mate after he'd keeled over at a robot because he'd forgotten that he was clipped in.

He got up all embarrassed and started cycling away red-faced.

He then saw that his left shifter was skew... so he belted it with the back of his hand to straighten it, causing the handlebars to jerk sideways, and sure as hell ........another unexpected brush with the tar.

oh, when I was about 13, I did the impact challenge with a friend.

Now the guys that had cash and kit were 2 rows ahead of us (this was while we were waiting to start the race)

the one dud/chick (cannot even remember) was holding on to the fence, because he/she was clipped in.

when he left the fence he couldn't get his foot out, and took almost the whole row of peeps down, (about 5 or 6) because they were all clipped in on the side they needed their feet...

Yup, it was funny. :lol:

What about at the end of a MAJOR race (94.7 to be exact). Forgot to unclip and landed ontop of the lady handing over the medals. She ended up inside the box.

HAHAHAHAHA! Was she packaged for delivery?

You are not a cyclist........till you have fallen at a robot, because you forgot to unclip.. welcome to cycling

+1

I fell quite a few years ago whilst riding my dad's bike - Time pedals = stiff springs..... needed to cross the road and the oncoming traffic was a bit hectic..... didn't quite make getting the cleats out of the pedals in time for the pavement.

A good saying in the biker fraternity - There are two types of bikers. Those who have fallen and those who are still to fall.

It's bound to happen at some time.

you only fell once???

man you learn quick.... After a month or two riding 'old school' i flipped it five times in Groennies on my first trip bolted onto the bike....

HAHAHAHAHA! Was she packaged for delivery?

Express.... Only her legs was sticking out. Got up, helped her out of the box, took my medal, thanked her and walked away.

yep also been riding with it for about a year and sure as hell i still fall. I once stopped at home and almost fell my friend off her bicycle in our driveway. lol she was not happy.