sti's are very tight

foxy25

Higuys, my F/D broke and i took it in to my lbs and they put a new one on. The problem is that when i got it back they said that my left sti gave them a little trouble. Now that all is fixed when i went for a ride my sti is sooo stiff, i have to push it very hard for th F/D to shift. Is it because the F/D is new and it needs to work in a bit, or is there another rason for this. It is quite uncomfortable. Has anyone experienced this before?

Difficult to say using your description. Check the cable all the way from the sti to the FD, make sure it is going through the cable guide at the bottom of your frame. Whatever you do don't try and dissemble the STI, you wont get it back together again (if it is Shimano)

It should not shift with difficulty even if it is new, something isnt quite right.

You need to determine if the problem is with your STI, or the new derailleur. Try pulling the cable next to the down-tube (if it's accessible), to check if the derailleur moves freely ... then work backwards from there. Good luck.

Too poor for sram

PM me for a price on a full SRAM Rival grouppo...

With prices like these, no one is too poor for SRAM B)

IMO Rival is the best vale for money groupset in the SRAM Range.

Man, I'm a MTBer and recently had to get a road bike for winter training (in theory), and I have to agree for shizzle, those STI's jobbies are TIGHT dog!! They shift, they brake, they support your weight....

Their are only 3 things that can go wrong, .1. F/D .2. cable .3. Shifter. take the cable off the shifter and shift it if it is stiff it is the shifter. if it shift easy. go to the cable. looosen the cable from the f/d and see if it moves freely. if not replace the cable if ok then the f/d has a problem. should be simple