Training in the month of Ramadaan

Abster

Hi guys and dolls. Like me, there must be many of you that will be fasting in the month of Ramadaan. Thats means no training and no riding for me. Some guys i know cycles during the day. Others sits on their trainers at night. Does anybody have a different method or point of view. Let me know. ....... O, Ramadaan Kareem to all Muslim brothers.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to work in Kosovo - during the month of Ramadaan lots of fatigue accidents in the mine/plant area. We had to change the shift schedule and boost the amount and quality food.

If you strickly follow Ramadaan I don´t see you doing more than 5 hours per week at 60% VO2max. If I were you I would do some social riding in the beginnng and rest for the last two weeks without any cycling.

i train between asr and magrib that is about 4:30 to 5:45 but very intense training.

thats when i am at my weakest, so that wont work for me

Used to work in Kosovo - during the month of Ramadaan lots of fatigue accidents in the mine/plant area. We had to change the shift schedule and boost the amount and quality food.

If you strickly follow Ramadaan I don´t see you doing more than 5 hours per week at 60% VO2max. If I were you I would do some social riding in the beginnng and rest for the last two weeks without any cycling.

that sounds good, all i want is to keep my legs moving, maybe just spinning.

So what you telling me here is that you stay without food and water from about 6:15am until 6:15pm and still expect to train during the day.

WOW!!...I must try that.

So what you telling me here is that you stay without food and water from about 6:15am until 6:15pm and still expect to train during the day.

WOW!!...I must try that.

yes i know it sound crazy, but i need to keep up with you!!! :rolleyes:

my lips are getting dry just thinking about staying wiohut food and water for that long. holy.... oh wait..it is :P HOw do u manage during the day? man... i'm also getting hungry at the thought.... oi!

anyways, best to y'all.

I never knew you get...Strickly and Un-strickly :lol:

Please elaborate!!

Basically we dry fast from dusk until dawn for one month we start on thursday

...read that again...it sounds like you drive fast for one month :lol:

my lips are getting dry just thinking about staying wiohut food and water for that long. holy.... oh wait..it is :P HOw do u manage during the day? man... i'm also getting hungry at the thought.... oi!

anyways, best to y'all.

it gets easier as the day / month goes on - staying without food and water for a month cleans your system and you feel better - becoz you dont have so much junk food in your body :D - o and thanx for the well wishes

Dont you have one huge breakfast before sunrise to last you the whole day? How much do you eat when you get home at night then? All the best

I never knew you get...Strickly and Un-strickly :lol:

Please elaborate!!

You got me - visit stricklychicks.com and see what I mean

You got me - visit stricklychicks.com and see what I mean

Hey! There are Unaccompanied Minors on this Forum. Very nice though.

Dont you have one huge breakfast before sunrise to last you the whole day? How much do you eat when you get home at night then? All the best

even if you are very hungry you can't eat much - a bowl of soup usually does it for me