New BRT route

Nobody

This morning I stopped on top of the bridge that joins the freeway to woodstock. The cycle lane is not complete but looks very ridable. The area however is a different story. I would like to organise a group of no less than 5 riders to cycle the route starting from cbd to at least milnerton. From there we can go our own speed and split up. Lets say leave the CBD at 17:15 this Friday 13th

Is anyone interested?

Ill join u Nobody. U on a MTB or road? Where we meeting? im on leave so Ill be riding in to meet you. B) Would like to see the route as well as I commute from Ascot.

Leet22 ... you bring the riding snacks and an MTB would be a good idea.

As per usual Nobody I will be there.

Lets meet at the front of the ICC shall we?

Start meeting from 17:00 and we wait till 17:15.

Tubeless or puncture protection recommended as I am not sure what "obstacles" will be on the path.

Oh yes, Lights and bells will help.

I will be on a black felt single speed.

Whats up with it Nobody? Unsafe? How far is it to completion? U see any streetlights that floow it or is it going to be pitch dark and muggers paradise?

:(

At this stage it is not finished (sandy bits, robots not functioning to control traffic). Guesstimate maybe 2 months. They still need to make the cycle path from the flea market to paarden island somehow.

As you start the route here in town you pass about 4 or 5 groups of people who are under the bridge. then it turns into a very nice cycle path and then changes from here on out.

It goes through some very quiet places with hiding spots for "wanna be" muggers. I stand to be corrected but if they want to protect their investment in some of theses quiet places they will require security. Glass is a funny thing, it attracts stones in poor areas. Doubt any of the lights are working.

Shall we plan a ride for every Friday so we can track progress? Still would need it to be a group ride.

• 1 month later...