Cateye Strada Wireless

benadeja

Hi.

I am thinking of going the wireless route , is this option viable , I had the Blackburn wireless in the past and I know I used to get erratic out of the chart readings and interference on the unit sometimes , once got a max speed reading of 200km/h :o ! Is this also the case with the Cateye Strada Wireless or not ? Will it be best to stay wired ? What would you guys recommend ?

I have been using Cateye wireless units on all my bikes for the past 10 years and have never had problems. I can't see why the Strada would be any different. My 5cw.

I have been using Cateye wireless units on all my bikes for the past 10 years and have never had problems. I can't see why the Strada would be any different. My 5cw.

Cool so even if you use a separate HRM it doesn't cross-talk ?

Been using Cateye strada for quite a while now and it does have issues. It stops working completely when I have my lights on. Obviuously EMI from the power cables. One of mine sometimes behave erratic but I'm not sure why. I have a feeling it is when I have the GPS activated but I have not tested this yet.

Garmin 500 B)

You'll never look back B)

I know :rolleyes: but they are in 2 completely different price ranges ... If I could afford it I would have gone the GPS route already ... :D

R2600 from CRC including taxes and VAT :)

I have never ordered from them how does it work , do you place your order and you pick it up from your local post office and how does the import duties etc work , read about the unit and I like it.