Lekka News for CT Northern Suburbs Roadies

'Dale

There is a stunningly scenic piece of route between Adderley Rd, that exits Durbanville via Koeberg Rd, and Kontermanshoogte Rd.

About 2 kms of it is gravel / 'plaaspad'. Which always lead me to not take my iron horse through there.

Today, on my mid-week ride, I spotted roadworks there and they are busy tarring that strip.

It's gonna make for a great training route option in Spring.

It includes a great climb from Adderley Rd direction.

And a dairy farm for those that prefer fresh cow's milk as their energy drink! :P

Keep your eyes peeled, Roadies! B)

Geno, this training midweek, midday and on your own MUST STOP!!!! ;) :P :D

How do you expect us to keep up with you when you are getting all these kilometres under the belt.

UNFAIR I SAY, UNFAIR!!!! :rolleyes:

But thanks for sharing the good news, that is going to help me quite a bit with my limited training in the afternoons, time wise.

Yip - we ride that road sometimes on our CWC night rides - known as the Malanshoogte road (takes you to the 4 way stop at the bottom of Visserhok).

This is good news G-Man!

I would have preferred it to stay gravel, there are more than enough tarred roads. Next thing they tar Spes Bona. A step backwards.

I would have preferred it to stay gravel, there are more than enough tarred roads. Next thing they tar Spes Bona. A step backwards.

Now there's an idea ;)

Mr Legs, I get your point, man.

It is actually an unfinished road. Tarring that remaining 2 km strip will complete the job. :huh:

Good news for the roadies, laaik I said.

And, I hope they do not tar, Spes Bona, Occultdale, etc. I know the MTBers smaak those routes :rolleyes:

It'll make an interesting route if it's included towards the finish of a PPA race such as the 99'er. Instead of going up the N7 towards the Vissershok turn-off, they can then route it past the dairy, up and over the hill towards the 4 way stop and then up Vissershok :)

Mr Legs, I get your point, man.

It is actually an unfinished road. Tarring that remaining 2 km strip will complete the job. :huh:

Good news for the roadies, laaik I said.

And, I hope they do not tar, Spes Bona, Occultdale, etc. I know the MTBers smaak those routes :rolleyes:

I remember the (good old !) days when the gravelled section was from Adderley to the top of Malanshoogte.

I rode that road yesterday and all they have done is resurface it and roll it, sorry but it doesn't look like its going to be tarred, we did a 50k loop on our mtb's

I rode that road yesterday and all they have done is resurface it and roll it, sorry but it doesn't look like its going to be tarred, we did a 50k loop on our mtb's

Eina!

I stopped mid-ride, asked the guy in the truck whether they are tarring and he said "Yes..."

:unsure:

Maybe, just maybe, that was Phase I of the road surfacing process... :rolleyes:

F'ing fantastic news.Spes Bona and Occultsdale tar them all.

the mtb'ers can take their toys to meerendal, cont'kloof,hillcrest and magic. leave the tar roads to real men. :lol:

good bi, i'm off

Great News G Man. We often do a Saturday morning ride up to Malanshoogte, down to the dairy and then a time trial back up again. Now that the section past the dairy is going to be tarred we can just carry straigt on and not have to endure the climb back up to the top of Malanshoogte :P :rolleyes:

How you you doing Gino? And how's the missus ? Send my Love and best wishes !!

Great News G Man. We often do a Saturday morning ride up to Malanshoogte, down to the dairy and then a time trial back up again. Now that the section past the dairy is going to be tarred we can just carry straigt on and not have to endure the climb back up to the top of Malanshoogte :P :rolleyes:

How you you doing Gino? And how's the missus ? Send my Love and best wishes !!

Cool to see you are still on the iron horse, Leon. B)

Your cuz is cool. Will send your wishes.

Hope that road will get tarred, L. :rolleyes: If so, it opens up another great alternative routing.

• 2 weeks later...