Joining a club for CSA licensing purposes...

Squier

Ok, so I’m thinking of joining a club, for no other reason than just saving on this f*&%#n CSA license fees with every race. At first I decided to not worry about it as R35 is not the end of the world but if you do the math it does add up.

We do at least 2 races a month. That’s R35 CSA license fees x 2 = R70 per month. That is R840 a year!!!!!!!!!

So, I live in Pretoria, but I guess it doesn’t matter where the club is I join as I am doing this purely for the license.

Any suggestions on clubs? And the cost?

I just joined cgc(central gauteng cycling), but later found out there is also gnc(gauteng north cycling)

Doesn't matter though, as I have nothing to do with them.

For hassle free experience go with cgc and contact raeleen stone at:

raeleen (at) cgcycling (dot) co (dot) za

zero one one four six vife nine six three five

She is very helpfull

Roag. Joining them is free. I don't know if Gauteng North is as money hungry as Central who requires you to pay them R75. Then you have to register on MyRace for another R75 which is the actual CSA license. Good luck in getting your licence before the end of the year. YOu can ask CSA to send you a confirmation letter and you can use that untill you get your licence. They all expire 31 December anyway.

Yep ROAG. R75 and that's it. Your license may well end up in Stellenbosch instead of Jhb like mine did but at least they tried to send it out this year. Unlike my lic I never received in 2009.

MTN Club 100 was the most helpful for me in this regard - Angie at the office is VERY helpful

Again as per last year, each event decides whether they care about this CSA license or not! If I live in KZN to I pay CGC or what?

Ok, so I’m thinking of joining a club, for no other reason than just saving on this f*&%#n CSA license fees with every race. At first I decided to not worry about it as R35 is not the end of the world but if you do the math it does add up.

We do at least 2 races a month. That’s R35 CSA license fees x 2 = R70 per month. That is R840 a year!!!!!!!!!

So, I live in Pretoria, but I guess it doesn’t matter where the club is I join as I am doing this purely for the license.

Any suggestions on clubs? And the cost?

ROAG is free....

www.roag.co.za

Do it, do it now!

As per previous discussions, club roag is not valid in gauteng. It sucks, I know, but you have to pay the R75 to join another club.

ROAG - no hassles, they even sent a courier to deliver our licenses!

Plus they dont try and squeeze money out of you every chance they get, like a club will!

As per previous discussions, club roag is not valid in gauteng. It sucks, I know, but you have to pay the R75 to join another club.

Yes it is unless of course somebody has moved pretoria to another province

I also had no problems in getting CSA Lisence through ROAG. Just a battle to get the damn card up here, I believe it should still be this week.

Just not looking forward of repeating the whole process in 5month's time, but what the heck