revamp of bellville velodrome...when?

Fire

the weather of cape town is realy getting frustrating! hey,but thank goodness for the velodrome,thats to say if its available! what happen to the plans that they are going to sell the ground at the back and make it wooden track and total revamp? anyone els heard that story?

the weather of cape town is realy getting frustrating! hey' date='but thank goodness for the velodrome,thats to say if its available! what happen to the plans that they are going to sell the ground at the back and make it wooden track and total revamp? anyone els heard that story?[/quote']

Fire - are you implying that members of the public can simply rock up there and go riding if the weather is bad?

Tell us more...

Fire - are you implying that members of the public can simply rock up there and go riding if the weather is bad?

Tell us more...

I think it's a mis interpretarion.  The general public cannot just rock up for training. 

Unfortunately it cannot work like that

if u are a track cyclist with ur track bike,u can find out who is couching for that evening and join. or u can go early in the morning. and u must have a csa license to sign in.

Tuesday evenings Bellville Club has a training session.  Generally they don't mind if track cyclists join in who are not members of the club.  Wednesday evenings and Sunday afternoons the track could be open for development sessions, you can train then.  Regarding the availability of the track etc, maybe give Eugene De Necker at Bellville a call (he runs training sessions on Tuesdays).  Don't have his number handy.  Maybe Chrispy will know. HomerSimpson2007-08-23 05:29:01

Thanks people...

Not for me then - I'd get acrophobia just from riding around the high corner on that track... Embarrassed

Oh - thanks for the effort Homer - hopefully a fellow hubber will find the info of use!
RodTi2007-08-23 05:30:01