The Epic Bike Shop

mikkelz

Just a quick shout out to the Epic Bike shop in Plumstead, Cape Town.

I took my MTB in to get my wheels trued after not having much luck with my (ex) LBS. I don't feel like naming the shop or focusing on that, as the point of this post is a positive one. I recommend anyone looking for good, professional service by guys who know what they are doing to the Epic Bike shop.

Within seconds of mentioning the problems I've had with my bike and what was supposedly fixed by another shop, even after I took it back a second time, Lance said my rear hub needed servicing (which it was, as opposed to just being replaced which is so often the case with other shops). He also mentioned to me, which my friend had, that the tyre wasn't seated correctly on the rim which exaggerates a "wobble" from a slightly imperfect rim.

It was these small, yet cost-saving and important to getting a good end result that impressed me the most. Attention to detail! That and receiving a phone call when my bike was ready, on the same day, with more than enough time to still get through to them from work to collect it. A simple thing, but again, something that has been lacking from other shops I've been to of late.

Anyway, I'll definitely be going back to them in future for any jobs that I can't do myself. :)

Here's their website (not much on it at the moment, just contact details): http://www.epicbikeshop.co.za/

• 2 weeks later...

They really have lots to offer there, great, friendly and excellent service, and great coffee too! You can't beat the homey vibe of the shop either.

Super friendly people in that shop. Simon who has joined them recently is a walking encyclopedia on bikes. You want to experiance great service, chat to that dude!

Will definitely have to give them a try when my `iron-horse` gives me some trouble which I cant fix. :)