Bike Service and Maintanence Training/Course

Caerus

Would anyone be interested in getting a bunch of people together to do a bike service and maintanence course in the Durban area. I would need to get a group of 8 - 10 people together.

Unfortunately Im not from Durban but if its the course which I attended in Cape Town, presented By Johan Bornman from YellowSaddle then its well worth it!! You won't regret it as it has some great South African humour thrown in too. :lol:

Unfortunately Im not from Durban but if its the course which I attended in Cape Town, presented By Johan Bornman from YellowSaddle then its well worth it!! You won't regret it as it has some great South African humour thrown in too. :lol:

Im looking at getting a mechanic from another course that gets run, so hopefull he is as good as Johan Bornman, just trying to see if there are people that are interested in maintaining(servicing) the own bikes.

Funny cause everyone is complaining about the costs of this and that, from what I was told for a group of 8 people it will be about R500 for a day course. The mechanic will come to one central place.

Im looking at getting a mechanic from another course that gets run, so hopefull he is as good as Johan Bornman, just trying to see if there are people that are interested in maintaining(servicing) the own bikes.

Funny cause everyone is complaining about the costs of this and that, from what I was told for a group of 8 people it will be about R500 for a day course. The mechanic will come to one central place.

I would definitely be interested.

Let me know.

Would anyone be interested in getting a bunch of people together to do a bike service and maintanence course in the Durban area. I would need to get a group of 8 - 10 people together.

Do you need someone to give the course or are you giving it?

I would be interested in a course in the Cape Town area if anyone knows of something

The next Yellow Saddle Repair and Maintenance Course in Cape Town is on Saturday and Sunday 9 and 10 October 2010.

I'll also host a fork service workshop on the Friday afternoon - 8 October 2010.

More info on www.yellowsaddle.co.za

The next Yellow Saddle Repair and Maintenance Course in Cape Town is on Saturday and Sunday 9 and 10 October 2010.

I'll also host a fork service workshop on the Friday afternoon - 8 October 2010.

Enigeiets einde September in die Transvaal?????

Wat het geword van daai ding waaroor ons laas gepraat het???????

Hi all, Ive included a brief overview of what would be covered in the 1 day course and what would be needed to be brought by yourself. It can also be tailored for what exactly we all would think appropriate to learn. The cost of the day course will be R500(need a group of 8-10 people). Im not making any profit out of organising this, its purely for myself and others to learn. Im sure a lot of people are sick of paying high fees for service and maintanence fees.

The course would be run somewhere in Durban, that is possibly convenient for all.

BIKE MAINTENANCE WORKSHOP:

General bicycle maintenance:

Correct washing practices

Correct lubrication practices

Suggested maintenance intervals

General bicycle setup:

Saddle height

Saddle position

Stem length

Handlebar height and width

Brake lever positioning

Gear shifter positioning

Rear Derailleur Setting:

High/ Low limit setting

B-Tension setting

Cable T\tension

Front Derailleur Setting:

High/ Low limit setting

Height setting

Fore and aft setting

Cable tension

Gear cable service and replacement

Chain maintenance & repair

V-Brake Setting:

Pad alignment

Spring tension adjustment

Cable tension

Pad replacement

Brake cable service and replacement

Disk Brake Setting:

Calliper alignment

Pad replacement

Lever reach adjustment

Hydraulic brake bleeding

Headset adjustment and service

Trouble-shooting & Analysis

** Tech-Talk (Componentry – we know that some of you, just cant resist )

What you’ll need to Bring:

Essential:

• Your bike of course….dont worry it should go home in an better-working state

• A multi-tool (that you’d ride with) with at least the following Allen Keys:

1.5mm, 2mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, and 6mm Allen keys

• Medium sized flat screwdriver & medium sized Philips (star) screwdriver – may be on your multi-tool

Useul, but not essential:

• Chainbreaker (also may be on your multi-tool)

A clean bike is much easier to work on, so if you’ve ridden before or there is a social ride planned, make sure you have:

• Degreaser or paraffin & old rags / brush for cleaning

• Light oil spray (like Wynns No 5) for lubricating moving parts

Thanks for that. Going to try and make it.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Does any one know of something similar in JNB or PTA?

Regards

C.

Ja, phone the oke on this number: 0823086847. He does courses in Johannesburg. His name is Johan.