buying a second hand dualie :)

AndrewF

Hey all.

I have just gotten back into riding - been out of action for about 5years :(

Since my return, I have no clue on bikes and what's a good or bad buy. I went ahead a couple weeks a ago and bought this as I thought it was a good deal. What are your thoughts?

It's a Commencal (good bikes?) Meta 5.5.3 2007 model - I paid R5500 (R7k with Thule bike rack)

Specs:

Large frame (I am 190cm)

Marzocchi Bomber All mountain 4 fork

Fox Float R shock

Formula Oro K18 Brakes

Crank Brother Egg beater pedals

Alex Rims

SRAM X7 Rear Der

SRAM X9 Front Der

SRAM SX5 Shifters

I love the bike. It's a bit heavy, but I'm a big guy and like the rigidity of the bike when I'm pushing it hard.

What are you're thoughts? Should I sell and get something different/new?

post-17210-057155900 1281598665.jpg

ok dude this is like the 10 time you have said what a great deal you got and other have said it as well, let it go now you can only pat yourself on the back so many times before you start to iterate people

No no no why on earth did you buy this bike?

I'll give you R4000-00 to take it off your hands! :lol:

Seriously, from the little that I know about different brands an groupsets it looks like an awesome deal. And if you like it, and there are no niggles, its great.

Just a note, new a thule rack like yours go for about R1750-00 confirming the greatness of the deal and the bike!

Enjoy

If it goes well and feels right then its a good buy for a dualie. Dont think you will struggle to sell it for the same price if you decide to get rid of it.

ag numbnuts, I have seen the previous posts by afehrsen, but give the guy a break. If he's making your nuts even number than they already are, just ignore him then. Most of us here on the Hub are always happy if a hubber gets a great deal. Dont be jealous now... :huh:

ag numbnuts, I have seen the previous posts by afehrsen, but give the guy a break. If he's making your nuts even number than they already are, just ignore him then. Most of us here on the Hub are always happy if a hubber gets a great deal. Dont be jealous now... :huh:

I agree that we are happy if the guy gets a good deal but making so many posts about the same topic is the same as spam. Then u have to ask what is the motive for posting the same topic under differant headings?

I was happy for him the first time he posted, but doing it again under a different heading, as well as the comment on Bogus one for sale thread

that is being a .... about it

Sell it now and buy a CHUMBA VF2.

Like this one:

*ps, this bike has been posted before, so this is spam too…* :P

post-1604-090452400 1281601401.jpg

Like this one:

*ps, this bike has been posted before, so this is spam too…* :P

Now that is some cool spam :P

Ja....or like this.....

That is one BEAUTIFUL bike!!! You lucky dog - i mean pig :)

Apologies for the numerous posts - thought as they were different threads it didn't matter. This post was genuinely about getting feedback from guys who know a bit, or a lot, more than I do about bikes. I've ridden the bike over 110kms in the last 2 weeks and I love it, but wanted to get advice on whether I should stick with it or look at getting something else. I'll stick with it :D

Sorry if I caused any offense

Just ride it, if it is uncomfortable then sell it! Only you will know if its right for you! Start checking around to see if you can replace bearings/bushings before you need to sort that out.