Giant Anthem X2

iRob

I'm hoping someone can help me out here.

Looking to get a Giant Anthem X2 for the Sabie Experience, and then future XC races. It'll be my first dual suspension bike. I thought of a carbon hard-tail, but I'm a bit skeptical when it comes to everyday care for the frame; stuff like having the bike fall over in my garage and damaging the frame. Anyway.

Also heard that the standard Fox 32 F100RL can be a bit soft for a heavier rider. How does the Rock Shox SID team compare?

And then, does the standard Fox Float RP2 shock come out with a lockout?

I ride an Anthem X frame with custom components. It started its life with a Fox 100RL and now I have a SID World cup. Although I never experienced the Fox as too soft, the SID is stiffer for sure. What a ride! Both the frame and the shock is great, but nothing wrong with the fox. The lockout does what it has to. Oh, and the RP2 does not have a full "lock-out" although it has a "pro-pedal" level switch. You cant go wrong here. Enjoy!

Don't Know about the Fox but the Rock Shox SID team is very flexy. I sold mine for this very reason (2010 SID team) Flexes badly when out the saddle. I now ride a Manitou Minute RMD. Not as light but much more stable and rigid compared to the SID and my other REBA . I also think it performs better IMO. We are talking about a larger rider here. 92KG