MTB twin front chainring setup

Bat-ass

I have just changed to a twin chainring setup on my mtb. ITs a hardtail, and i have fitted a 40 big ring and 30 small. i havent riden it yet, but will race on sunday??

who can coment on their change over eperience?? Guys i ride with rave about it, hence my change!!

Try and get a 28.

i wanted a 29, but couldnt find one? the rings i have bought are "Specialities", its a french company. Not bloody cheap!! @#$Ken setup cost R1700

There is a thread about this. "Going 2x9"

Your gearing depends on the terain. For gauteng conditions I'm loving my 29-42 with 11-34 at the rear. Could even ride 11-32

There is a thread about this. "Going 2x9"

Your gearing depends on the terain. For gauteng conditions I'm loving my 29-42 with 11-34 at the rear. Could even ride 11-32

I'll check out the thread... agree with you on terain, KZN races always have some steep climbing? also probably comes down to rides strength, and weight. a heavy weight might stuggle with a 30 and only 11-32 at the back. Hope it suits my 75kg's

i wanted a 29, but couldnt find one? the rings i have bought are "Specialities", its a french company. Not bloody cheap!! @#$Ken setup cost R1700

I have recently done the change, also with Specialities rings, 28/40. My rings worked out about R750 with shipping how did yours get to R1700?

• 2 weeks later...

Why do you create problems for yourself.

i feel sorry for you on a race like 2Hell and back.

What you see the pro's ride is very specific to a race.

some races they use 2x10 others, the standard setup.

Why do you create problems for yourself.

i feel sorry for you on a race like 2Hell and back.

What you see the pro's ride is very specific to a race.

some races they use 2x10 others, the standard setup.

I did all of Jo'Burg 2 C on a 2x10 with a 29'er.

Spioenkop and some of the climbs leading up to it was between 20 and 25 % gradient, I had no problem.

Heck, I ride my singlespeed 29'er all over the place, and I am no pro.