Deore XT shifters

Cassie

I'm planning to service (i.e change my cable & housing) by upgrading to the sleek smooth PFTE coated cables.

Question How do I do that with XT shifters? Will I be able to everything backt he way it was before I opened up the shifters to replace a cable?

I do not want to end up with spare parts at the end of the job!! :)

I'm planning to service (i.e change my cable & housing) by upgrading to the sleek smooth PFTE coated cables.

Question How do I do that with XT shifters? Will I be able to everything backt he way it was before I opened up the shifters to replace a cable?

I do not want to end up with spare parts at the end of the job!! :)

It's an easy job on the shifters (assuming you're handy enough with the rest of the job) - the cables are extracted via the screws next to the top lever (outside side of each shifter). Don't undo anything else!

yes dont make the mistake i did, trust me once you open up a shifter man what a mission to get it back together again, there shoud be a plastic screw which is quite big on the side of the shifter, just loosen that screw and click the shifter to the point where the cable would be the losest than by pushing on the cable that is vissible on the other side of the shifter the cable should pull through the shifter.

just make sure you DON'T undo any screws on the top or bottom of the shifter unless

A: you want to overhall the shifter

or

B: you have allot of time on your hands to fiddle everything back together again

yes dont make the mistake i did, trust me once you open up a shifter man what a mission to get it back together again, there shoud be a plastic screw which is quite big on the side of the shifter, just loosen that screw and click the shifter to the point where the cable would be the losest than by pushing on the cable that is vissible on the other side of the shifter the cable should pull through the shifter.

just make sure you DON'T undo any screws on the top or bottom of the shifter unless

A: you want to overhall the shifter

or

B: you have allot of time on your hands to fiddle everything back together again

YIP, you see...that exactly what I want to avoid...having to sukkel to put it all back together again!

Thanks for the advice...