Groenkloof ride before buy

stewie911

Commencial 4: Damn fine ride. If I have to go dual and I don't want a pure racing dual suspension this will be the bike for me. Awesome rear suspension.

Volcan FS 2: Much more of a racing geometry, so bit more stiff on suspension system. For something more similar to my ht this would be it.

Took a Mongoose Canaan while waiting for GT Marathon and hated the setup. Felt like I was riding a cruiser bike. Thing is, the mongoose had the best overall handling. IT took the best corners of all the bikes, or was it the Kenda SB8?

Scalpel 3 was fine. Not too bad. Would have liked to ride a more top end lefty.

It's difficult to compare all the bikes. Different setups. Different tyres. Tyre pressure and some reps aren't as interessted in converting someone. Had a good chat with guys at commencial and Volcan. Other guys treated me as though I was just there to ride a bike.

ja maybe. Was a bit dissapointed at the turnout. WOuld have loved some more bikes there. Also wanted to test the volcan ht, but it was only on show. Nice frame though

I rode a Commencal Super 4 Carbon and Skin HT... The Skin was extremely fast and responsive. Much like the SuperNormal I own. I really didn't now what to do with all the energy I saved riding it. It take zero effort to get it going and less to keep it going!! WOW

But the Super 4 impressed me the most. On the climbs it felt like I was climbing with a HT even when standing on the pedals and it just tore up the descends.

Well done to the Commencal team at their stand aswell. Service and reception was exceptional as always.

No hardtails then ? Would love to ride the 899 Scale ?

Guess my 17km trail run was a better idea...

They only brining those 899 Scale in frames only so a very very slim chance of testing one

Frames only ? Eish ok dunno bout that. I would probly want a custom build but most people cant put any of their current parts over so might as well buy a whole new bike