Any comments or advice on this build?

crasher

Please have a look below and see if you think I am on the right path with this build the items in Black I already have so cant be changed but all items in red can still be changed if something else would be better or more suited.

Also I am trying to keep it looking nice (colour wise) around the Black/Silver SC frame so it doesnt look like a mix and match.

Frame- Santa Cruz Blur XC Carbon

Fork-SID Race dual air poploc 2010

Wheels- Shimano XT

Front derailleur- Shimano XTR

Rear derailleur-Shimano XTR Shadow

Crankset- SHIMANO XT

Shift cable set-Shimano XTR

Shifter's- Shimano XTR

Front and Rear Brakes-Shimano XT

Front Disc-XTR 180mm

Rear Disc-XTR 160mm

Seat post-Richey WCS carbon

Bars-Truative Noir world cup

Stem-Richey wcs

Saddle-Fizik Gobi XM

Cassette-Shimano XT

Chain-Shimano XT

Grips and Bar ends-Cane Creek

This is my first build from scratch so would like to get it right and not have to change more stuff after.

Thanks

Crasher

good xt/xtr mix

just make sure you get the correct fd clamp

Only thing out of place would be the truvativ handlebar which is sram, but that's only if you'd worry about something like that

Well you did ask!

Did you not give any thought to Sram f/d and r/d. Better in my experience. Ritchey post and stem, why not a Ritchey h/bar?

Personally I think you could do way better than the XT wheelset. But that's just me, otherwise you will have a great bike, post a pic when it's done.

Thanks Stewie FD is a 34.9 dual pull as per SC site so got that sorted.

My current alloy bars are cut to about 635 which is about spot on for me the Truativ is 640 but the Richeys are 660 which with bar ends is too wide I dont know if you can cut back carbon bars thats why I was going with The Truativ's because of length.

PP I have the XT's at the moment so was happy to use them but agree a wheel upgrade would be nice but budget would not stretch to new wheels as well at this point so could always change in a few months (plus they are black and silver which was a bonus :) )

I rode Sram now when in UK it is really nice and precise I was impressed but fact that I had the almost new XTR rear already and I did miss the 2 way shift of the shimano tilted the scales back to Shimano (plus saved on cost because dont have to buy rear der)

Thanks so much for the comments and thoughts I will def post a pic when she is built up.